Sending and Receiving User Defined Messages using Dronekit

Hi.
I have a setup contains a computer, a raspberry pi, a flight controller, and 2 telemetry modules.
I would like to send and receive user-defined messages (for example “Hello World”).
The sender will be raspberry pi and the receiver will be computer.
Inside the aerial system, telemetry module, and raspberry pi connected to flight controller on serial telemetry ports.
On the GCS, the telemetry module directly connected to the computer.
How can i send this message from raspberry pi to the computer?
Is there an example (preferably using dronekit)?
Thanks…

1 Like

Were you able to figure this out? I’m trying to do something similar with mavproxy instead to route telemetry data from the pi to the GCS

what I can suggest is finding some mavlink message and fill out the parameters with what you need and send the message and try to retrieve it, but I myself don’t know how to do this yet

That’s disheartening seeing that you posted this two years ago and still were not able to figure it out. I hope I don’t suffer the same fate :pensive:

So far, I’ve come to the conclusion that I must set multiple masters:
One being the pi and the other being the sensor within that pi, but the sensor must have an [–out] parameter which must be UDP broadcasted.

oh i am not the author, i am just my own giving advice

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Are you experimenting with a companion computer at all? If so which one are you using to communicate between FC and computer? Mavproxy, dronekit, apsync, mavlink-router, rpanion-server?