Seagull #Rec and camera trigger

I have a seagull #rec connected to my cube running the latest MP and AP beta controlling a Sony RX100VI. Everything works as it should, except the camera trigger. I followed the #rec instructions and AP instructions for setup. It works perfectly when I control it using an rc out like 7. When I switch it over to camera trigger on the same output, it doesn’t do anything. Am I missing something?

https://www.seagulluav.com/seagull-rec-support/#1445895077368-fc8aa683-2ecb

I haven’t personally used the seagull but I think it should just be a matter of setting the camera trigger so that it sends the correct PWM output. From the seagull’s point of view, it’s input will be the same so it should act the same. There’s some info on setting the camera trigger outputs here. Also to trigger the camera from a transmitter switch you’ll need to set the appropriate CHx_OPT value.

1 Like

It all seems so simple but I can’t get it to work. I have CH7 opt set to camera trigger, and am using servo out 7 to control the shutter. I have the correct PWM ranges set transmitting on CH7 on my radio.

On the Servo Output window this is what really confuses me. When I set channel 7 to camera trigger, I don’t see any movement on the bar. When I set it to RCIN7 it shows movement on the bar and triggers the Seagull as it should. I need the camera trigger function for geotagging, otherwise I wouldn’t really care :sweat_smile:

What am I missing . . . Or is it a bug?

I set the weight on my QX7 to 45 to match the proper PWM values the seagull wants to see for cam trigger and video recording. I tried setting it back to 100 thinking that it wants to see max and min of 2000 and 1000 coming from the radio. Is that the case?

vosair,

Any chance you could go back to 3.5.7 and see if you can get it working there? If not then it’s likely a setup issue. If you can get it working on 3.5.7 but not 3.6.0 then it’s likely we’ve got a real issue in 3.6. Sorry to pass the buck but I’d like to try and separate out the regular vehicle setup issues from the 3.6 issues. If we don’t the 3.6 beta testing period becomes incredibly long because we end up chasing regular support issues.

1 Like

Dunno why, but it works just fine this morning on rc12. One more question, I’d like to be able to trigger video recording as well at 1800. Is it best to do that with a do set servo command? The camera trigger seems to be 2 position.

1 Like

vosair,

great that it’s working! If it’s a single pwm input to the seagull with different pwm values triggering the camera vs video then I think there will be problems making both work with the camera control You might have to go back to using just do-set-servo commands but then controlling it manually from the transmitter as well becomes a problem…

1 Like