Rover-3.5.0-rc3 has been released for beta testing and can be downloaded using the ground stations’ “Beta Firmwares” link. The changes are in the release-notes and also copied below:
Changes from 3.5.0-rc1
- ChibiOS fixes and enhancements to many boards including Pixhawk4
- EKF failsafe added and checked before entering autonomous modes
- Object avoidance enabled in autonomous modes (Auto, Guided, RTL)
- Cruise speed/throttle learning always runs for 2 seconds (saves user from having to lower switch)
- Boats hold position after reaching target in Auto and Guided (also see MIS_DONE_BEHAVE)
- MAVLink message interval support (allows precise control of mavlink message update rates)
- Bug fixes and minor enhancements:
a) DShot ESC support
b) Auxiliary switch 7 parameter copy from CH7_OPTION to RC7_OPTION
c) Wheel encoder offset fix
d) SmartRTL default num points increased to 300
I think this should be quite close to a final version we could release as the official version so any testing people here can do would be greatly appreciated. If you see any problems please post them here or in a new topic in this Rover-3.5 category.
P.S. -rc2 and -rc3 are exactly the same except -rc3 includes a build server fix that was stopping -rc2 from going out for some boards.