After months of development and beta testing, Rover-3.2.0 has been officially released as the default ArduPilot rover software. Full details of the changes in the Release Notes and also copied below:
- new Steering and Throttle controllers
- SmartRTL and Acro modes
- Guided mode ROS integration fixes
- Steering mode allows pivot turns
- new ch7 auxiliary switch features including save waypoint (replaces Learning mode), learn cruise speed and throttle, arm/disarm,
- WP_SPEED, RTL_SPEED parameters allow speed independent of CRUISE_SPEED
- PILOT_STEER_TYPE parameter allows controlling turn direction when backing up
- Wheel encoder and ZED stereo camera support for non-GPS navigation
- Dataflash logging improvements for steering and throttle
- Software architectural improvements (developer guide)
We have also revamped the Rover wiki including these pages:
Unfortunately because of the very large change to the steering and throttle controllers, 3.1 users will likely need to re-tune their steering and throttle controllers. Hopefully the wiki links above will help get these users get through the tuning quickly.
Special thanks to our beta testers who spent many hours testing Rover-3.2, uncovering issues so that the wider community can more easily enjoy a (hopefully) solid release. Also thanks to eLAB (my main sponsor) for their support.
Despite all the beta testing there may be some unforeseen issues so if you find problems, please report them in the Rover-3.2 discuss forum and we will attempt to resolve them as quickly as possible.
P.S. the video above is an AION robotics M and R1 rovers