Servers by jDrones

RM3100 External Compass

Is the RM3100 compass supported yet? If so anybody using it?

Corrado

@rmackay9 Sorry to tag you but have a feeling you are the only one that can answer my question.

I would like very much to test it together with the new ZED-F9P based RTK GPS from Drotek that i think doesn’t have compass.

Corrado

1 Like

You can always check out the master on github. If you do so, you can see yourself that Rm3100 support was added to master a month ago.

1 Like

Thank you.

Actually i looked at it and saw something about 3100 but i was not sure.

Does that mean itis included in latest beta or in 3.7 dev?

Only in 3.7 dev, I don’t think that it will be backported to 3.6

Thank you, very much.

I just set up an RM3100 and it does not work. Apparently the newly released driver is broken. There are pull requests on github

Is there a quantifiable benefits on real world use of RM3100 over a AK09916 for example?

Tested it on 3.7 dev?

@khancyr might have a good idea as to the state of the driver.

Yes, does not enumerate

The driver is working well, it just need my pr to add the probing on I2C. I will try to ping other to get it merged in master.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to discover, I’ll let you know when the driver for the 3100 is fixed

Cheers, RB

1 Like

I know this is in the copter section but usually if one driver is in copter its in plane, I was unable to locate it in the arduplane code, is this supported in plane yet, and if so is this in the latest dev or stable for plane?

Sorry I struggle with github!

I copied your changes to master and uploaded to one of my multi-rotors. All went well and the RM3100 enumerates and calibrates. I have included a log of the first flight with in-flight compass calibration.
Hope this helps to get it merged into master.

Cheers, RB
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd253t11wh8mrlh/00000117.BIN?dl=0)

1 Like

@rbachtell

How do you have this compass wired? Would you care to share?

It’s a Drotek unit and comes in a small case with i2c jstgh connector. Very well done device. I haven’t had the chance to do more than a short test flight and in-flight compass calibration but so far looks very promising, tight calibration off-sets.

Cheers, RB

1 Like

Thanks I will see this week to have the support on master

Wich one of the three compasses is the 3100 in the logs?

First compass, it was a quick test flight in my backyard just to get an initial calibration. I will do more testing today.

Servers by jDrones