RFD868X CubeOrange PPM signal interference

Hi,

I’m investigating some strange problem. I think I found the cause, but I would like to know your experiences in this area. I’m using CubeOrange and RFD868X for telemetry and PPM signal (fixed wing plane, tractor config - pull motor).

During a test flight using the new firmware, I noticed faulty PPM signals at the input, the drone behaved as if it was losing communication (I thought it was activating RTL) but failsafe did not activate. It turned out (after analyzing the dataflashlog) that for a while - Cube was receiving signals (all RCIN) at minimum values (but above the set throttle failsafe value). The effect is like flight termination… my first guess was a faulty RC transmitter, jamming or interference. I know there can be many reasons, but have you encountered PPM signal interference between RFD and CubePilot?

A little hint. The fault occurred during two flights. In the first case, the minimum RCIN values appeared several times for two seconds (unnoticeable during the flight). In the second flight, the Mode S + ADS-b out transponder was active, which increased the problem (ADSb is transmitting PPM signal), the fault sometimes lasted 5-10 seconds.

This has never happened on the ground, the drone with logging and RC transmitter enabled was on the ground for up to an hour and the problem did not occur.

Changes before flights without problems: uploading the current Arduplane firmware (4.5.1), modification and consolidation of avionics (cubepilot, power supplies, Mauch multimeters) in one place, excluding Here3 (20 cm from the rest of the avionics, RFD 40 cm from the avionics).

I will be grateful for your comments,

Best regards,
Peter

What antennas are you using with the RFD868X ?

Dipole antennas, tuned to 868 MHz.

these ones ?