Relay output level inversion

I have setup the S1 output of my Speedybee F405 Wing Mini running Arduplane 4.5.4 as a relay output:
SERVO1_FUNCTION=-1 (GPIO)
RELAY1_PIN=50 (taken from hwdef.dat)
RELAY1_FUNCTION=1 (relay)
RELAY1_DEFAULT=0 (off)

and assigned RC channel RC6 to toggle this:
RC6_OPTION=28

This works as expected. When RC6=1000 the output is logic low, when RC6=20000 the logic output is high.

Now, I would like to invert the RC6->GPIO out action without doing this on the RC transmitter. Thus, RC6=1000 should result in GPIO out = HIGH, RC6=2000 shoudl result in GPIO out = LOW. I tried setting RC6_REVERSED to 1 to accomplish this, without success.

How do I accomplish this?

A bit of background information: I use a single model on the TX for all Arduplane-powered FPV planes which works out well so far. The Matek FC’s I use in various planes are capable of switching the video transmitter on and off using a relay output where ‘relay on’ means ‘disable VTX’.
Now, I am giving a small <250g plane an overhaul; I added a digital VTX and an Arduplane-capable FC for which I chose the Speedybee F405 Wing Mini since it’s fairly low weight and low cost are inline with the application. However, Speedybee got me; the datasheet of the regular one and mini are quite the same but the mini has no VTX power switch. So, I added one and hooked it up to the S1 output of the FC. However, that switch turns on when driven with a logic high, exactly the opposite of the behaviour of the other FC’s I use.