Regarding TF mini plus

@xfacta
I’m using TF mini plus on my drone,
It’s in front facing direction(only one I’m using) and flying will be held in loiter mode, everything is working fine but I’m facing issues while landing and takeoff it’s detecting obstacles and dragging back or sometime it will flip also
So please can any one suggest me how can I avoid that sensor should not work at certain altitude

Using TF MINI PLUS,
PIXHAWK 2.4.8
VERSION 4.4.4
connecting via serial2 port(telm 2 port)

Set RCx_OPTION to 40 (Proximity Avoidance Enable).
This will ensure that the avoidance is enabled only when the Auxiliary switch is HIGH. So you can disable avoidance while landing and taking-off

Thankyou @Suyash_Mali for your response

This is working
But is there any other ways that we can do it without any buttons or external switches

Hello,

As usual, WIKI is your friend

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-proximity-landingpage.html#ground-detection

For low altitude obstacle avoidance, and while just taking off and landing, sometimes the sensor will pick up the ground below as obstacle. This can be dangerous because the vehicle will try and “avoid” these obstacles (if avoidance features are turned on). By setting PRX_IGN_GND = 1, we attempt to detect and ignore any obstacles that are near the ground.

2 Likes

But enabling this parameter “requires a downward facing rangefinder”, right?
Any suggestions if only a front facing rangefinder is present?

1 Like

Correct @ppoirier sir

I’m using only front facing lidar
I don’t have down facing one

Works with proximity = any directions
… just try it :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ppoirier @Suyash_Mali sir

Now I mounted downward face lidar also
Even front facing lidar is also there
Can you please suggest me what and all parameters I need to change.
Because after putting down one evrything is working fine even vehicle is landing correctly but while taking off it’s dragging back little

Please give me a suggestion
Thank you