Regarding Bad battery Issue in mission planner software

Hello Everyone , we are continuously facing an issue that a ‘bad battery’ alarm message appears in our screen even if our pixhawk FC is connected to the full charged 3-s Li-po Battery. Please provide guidance to resolve it.

Provide a .bin log from the copter.
Also check in the Pre-Flight tab of MissionPlanner that you havent got any strange conditions set - but usually that message comes from the copter.

For 3 cell Lipo you should have exactly these settings:

BATT_FS_CRT_ACT,1
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT,2
BATT_ARM_VOLT,11.00
BATT_CRT_VOLT,10.50
BATT_LOW_VOLT,10.80
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX,12.60
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN,9.90

DO NOT change any of these values - if you still have a problem, or even what you consider premature low battery alarms, then check your voltage/current monitor. Or your battery is near dead - we’ve seen that before where peoples cheap charger has never fully charged the battery, or they have repeatedly discharged the battery too much.

1 Like

Dear sir,
Here is the .bin file of the copter& also a short video of our issue. Additionally, We are not getting these types of settings in our software . Can you please suggest how to overcome this.

Thank you
Shakti prasad patra

(Attachment Drone bad battery.mp4 is missing)

Look in the Config , full parameter list

Sir, can you please elaborate the steps what to do after going into full parameter list .

Find the parameter names I listed and carefully enter their new values I listed for them.
Try not to make any mistakes as the values are important. You will need to try out using MissionPlanner and look around all it’s screens and features.

While you are there, also set these to 0

ATT_CAPACITY,0
BATT_ARM_MAH,0
BATT_CRT_MAH,0
BATT_LOW_MAH,0

Reason: Setting the capacity and triggering a failsafe based on milliamp hours used is ideal, but only if you have an accurate calibrated current sensor - which most are not.
Just using the Voltage is good for now.

When I said this, I meant use exactly the values I provided and dont alter them further. If you still have a bad battery message then maybe you voltage sensor needs calibration.

I listed them in a format that allows them to be copied and pasted into a text file, but you dont need to worry about that now - there is only a few values to modify.
If there was a lot of values they could be saved as a .param file and loaded that way, without typing errors.

Dear sir,
Can you please address our problem with reference to the sent screenshots and the short video.

Thank you

I have - please specify something else if you think I have missed the point.
You will need to read through the documentation much more.

Dear sir,
Our bad battery issue is not resolved yet. Here is the full parameter list of our Flight controller. Can you please tell what the modifications or corrections should be done to resolve this issue?

Thank you

drone param list.param (17.1 KB)

ARMING_CHECK,1
BATT_LOW_TIMER,10
BATT3_MONITOR,0

These should fix it

Thank you so much sir for your valuable guidance, our bad battery issue is now resolved & also now the copter is being armed. But, the copter is not taking off & also, the ESCs are blinking after arming.