Reducing the take-off time of the copter

Hello everyone!
After connecting the battery to the quadcopter, when I want to fly in the “PosHold” mode, I face this error for about 50 seconds: “Need Position Estimate”. This is when the GPS is already on and has received a sufficient number of satellites.
Is there a parameter to reduce this time?
Or is there a way to do this?

Either reported GPS variance is too high or GPS position is not stable decreasing EKF confidence below acceptable levels.

Either power up the avionics earlier in the setup process or configure your GPS receiver for faster acquisition (receiver chip specification should provide start times for various constellation combinations).

Also you should use Loiter instead of PosHold, as it is a legacy mode with inferior control laws.

1 Like

It has not received a sufficient number of satellites. “Lock” is almost meaningless if that’s what you are looking at.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I plugged in the gps before turning on the pixhawk and waited long enough for it to receive enough satellites and the hdop to drop below 0.9.
Then I turned on Pixhawk. However, it still takes about 45 seconds to resolve the “Need Position Estimate” error.

I first turn on the GPS module and wait for it to locate with high accuracy. Then I connect the power of Pixhawk. But I still have to wait about 45 seconds to fly in the “loiter” or “PosHold” mode.
Can you help me please?

HDOP is a measure how good the constellation and conditions are for determining the position, you can have HDOP below 1 and still not have fully stable position yet.

The error indicates that position estimate used isn’t consistent enough to be used for navigation.

Normal.

1 Like

This is Normal and desired.