Recover autotune PID parameters from flight log

Hi all. I was trying autotune for the first time on my hexa; everything was going well, the process ended and I flicked the switch down and up again to test the new PIDs. It felt okay so I decided to land and disarm with the switch up in order to save those parameters. Sadly the parameters weren’t saved (I think my mistake was that I landed in RTL mode). Anyway, I was checking the ATUN values in the flight log to see if I could find the final PID values. Is this possible?

1 Like

Hi, no it is not possible.

RTL changes the flight mode from Autotune so you are correct for the reason of new PIDs not saved
Gal

2 Likes

Thank you Gal, I appreciate your response even though it’s not what I would like to hear haha.

1 Like

You could have a look at the parameters in the log and manually search for each parameter. If a parameter has been updated, you’ll see multiple variants of the same parameter in the log. So just take the latest value. I can’t remember if that’s the first or the last value but as your parameters haven’t changed, check what your current PIDs are and compare it to the autotune logs

1 Like

The current tested parameters are saved in the ATUN message in the .bin log file.
You can and should use the latest values as a starting point for your next autotune attempt. Especially if the autotune takes longer than you battery life.

2 Likes