Recommendations for integrating a new radar sensor

Hello,

I am looking for advice with integrating multiple Acconeer a121 radar sensors as rangefinders.
As a first step, I copied the serial data format that is sent by the USD1 radar sensor and was able to use the a121 as a downward facing rangefinder.

I’m using an ST NUCLEO-L476RG to control the a121 sensor development board (Acconeer XE121) then sending the data to my FC over serial. As a next step I’d like to add 4 more sensors for horizontal obstacle detection. The XE121 dev board has the ability to add 4 external sensor and has examples for control through the NUCLEO.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this next step? It appears that RNGFND_ADDR is only managed on I2C and DroneCAN so I assume I will have to move to one of those protocols? The NUCLEO could work with either, but my current FC is not capable of CAN. Based on this information, if you have any recommendations for a sensor to copy, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

You can use the nucleo to convert device protocol to MavLink, you need to send heartbeat and appropriate messages.

That is an option I did not consider. I might give that a try thank you.

check this out

Thank you. I didn’t find this one in my searching.