Reboot Arducopter Mid-Flight

It strictly and repeatably happens on mode change - hence not a power problem.

Do you have another log where logging stopped? I don’t see any problem in the PM logged messages but I wonder if it’s an actual logging write issue with Update at loop rate and Fast Harmonic Notch Logging enabled. FFT is chugging along doing nothing too but I think that would show up on the PM messages if it was a problem.

Hi Yes I have another log whilst disarmed. It is using ver 4.3.3 It has Fast Harmonic Notch logging disabled and FFT disabled.
2023-03-26 12-57-44.bin (552 KB)

If it repeatedly and reproducibly happens on mode change than it is something that is caused by the forked code you are using.

Test it with official 4.3.5 to be sure.

1 Like

I think you will want to take @amilcarlucas advice to rule out the Fork. It wouldn’t be the 1st time people have chased their tail looking for a solution to a unique problem and found it there. These Flight Controller are very popular, I have a few, and an issue related to a Flight Mode change hasn’t come up that I recall.

2 Likes

I couldn’t reproduce this in SITL using AC Stable.
I did a mission with Auto, RTL, Brake, Loiter, Land and Guided quite a number of times and logging worked right through to the final RTL and 0 altitude.

The difference being I did not have a radio producing Channel 5 PWM changes. I’ll try that later today if I get the chance.

1 Like