Re-arm in the air

Hi,

Last time when I was flying the plane I have by accident disarmed in the air (have to use switch due ELRS). I managed to re-arm however the altitude got recalibrated. As this happened at 60m flying that altitude became 0m after re-arm so all automation modes were not usable due incorrect readings.

Is there anything in arduplane to tell it to not recalibrate if re-armed in the air?

You could try RC5_OPTION,165 Arm/Emergency Motor Stop. (not dis-arm). The switch will still function the same way so ELRS will be happy, but if you bump it in the air only the motor will stop, it won’t disarm. Flip the switch back to arm and you continue flying with no arming resets. You still have the option to rudder disarm, or if you have the motor stop activated and the plane is on the ground not moving for a few seconds it will auto-disarm.

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/parameters.html#rc5-option-rc-input-option

1 Like

I often just put Ch5 on a separate switch or program a logical switch to follow rudder arming. There’s no need to actually arm on Ch5 with ArduPilot. You just need to make sure that Ch5 is high for ELRS during flight.

If you’re not using high power settings prone to overheat on the ground, you can even just permanently set Ch5 high (to the chagrin of the ELRS purists…).

I wish they’d change that…

1 Like

I’m applying a switch with a lock. Affordable locked lever switch for DIY flightsim cockpit overhead panel (youtube.com)

1 Like

Thank you all for your assitance. I think that I will try: Arm/Emergency Motor Stop

1 Like