RC radio input problems

I noticed, when I use the receiver and transmitter that works, the ppm encoder light doesn’t flason/off. But when I plug in the one that doesn’t work it flashes or blinks. I got a new set of the same controller and still doesn’t work.

Sounds like an incompatibility between your receiver and encoder.

I got this pwm to sbus adapter. Hopefully it helps.

So the sbus encoder worked. The mission planner recognizes all the channels how it’s supposed to… the only problem now is my esc is beeping nonstop. This is so frustrating. I went out (with the trigger style radio) for testing. Everything went great. Auto mode, loiter worked great. Tuned it and was doing waypoints perfectly. The only issue I had is for some reason reverse wasn’t engaging half the time. I’m I not supposed to plug in the esc to the second plug of the power module?

Typically ESC with BEC is used to power the servo rail which depending on particular boar may or may not serve as a backup power for the FC. There is no need to connect it to the power module port because it doesn’t provide voltage nor current data.

Oh ok. I’ve set it up and h
Used plugged to the power module and it seems to work. The first time I try to set it up I did what you said using the BEC but I must’ve done something wrong because it didn’t work. Hence why I moved it to the power module. I will try again using the BEC since the voltage form the power module is a little high for the servo. Thanks for the clarification.