RC channel Low/Mid/High

Hi, I was glancing at the dev chat again and have a comment I hope someone notices…

There was discussion about the ability to assign different commands to different positions of a switch on one RC channel.
Someone mentioned maybe just doing it on channels 13-16.
BUT, some of us don’t have that many channels. I’m trying to use Crossfire which is limited to 8 or 12 channels.
It would be great to have this option for all channels higher than 5. Or at least 6-8. The 8 channel limit of the Crossfire in their suggested mavlink connection method is a huge limitation! I have to reprogram my flight modes and switches for almost every flight, depending on what I’m doing.

Even better would be to implement more channel support in the mavlink protocol, but I don’t think you all control mavlink development…

Thanks a lot!

Completely agree, and IMHO we should use at least 3 positions per RC channel, with every position being assigned a function or none.

We already have this for SuperSimple / Simple as High/Mid position (option 13). I guess there is one or two more but would have to check.

Also this would be applicable for ALL channels except the 4 for direct control (TAER)…ie from 5 to max channels, hopefully at least 16 :slight_smile: but with 12 would be great too…

Please note, that we can have a partial workaround by assigning multiple rc channels on the tx to positions of a switch. As an example I have a 3 pos switch that on the MID position outputs RC channel 13 (on ArduPilot this is assigned to RTL) and on the High position outputs RC channel 14 (on ArduPilot this assigned to Land). But is not easy to do this on some radio TX…