Quick Questions on flight controller

Good morning/evening all I just have some quick questions.

My aim is to create a autonomous rover using the speedybee F405 fixed wing app

1. Can I use the airspeed I2C connector for a sonar distance sensor instead or alternatively can I use the airspeed ADC connector for a sonar distance sensor. (I don’t need airspeed I need sonar😅)

2. Does this board have enough UART pins to connect a raspberry pi companion computer.

3. Do I need an telementary device for a rover?
    or can I just use the onboard wifi to connect to mission planner on my pc and upload the mission plan. So the rover can then follow the plan while not connected to my computer?

4. The aim is to have a GPS+Compass, remote receiver, 4 motors, 2 sonar sensors, raspberry pi companion.

Thank you for all your help and assistance

Why would you choose that Flight Controller for that purpose? Use an H7 based unit.

1. You can connect all sorts of things to the I2C bus, including sonar or lidar. Something like the TF Mini Plus, perhaps.

2. Usually you’re going to connect the PI via one of the UARTs or TELEM ports. You get a serial connection to the Pi, which you can then send MAVLINK commands over.

3. You’ll want /need a telemetry device. How else will you monitor progress, including why your mission isn’t going as planned? You can use a wifi-based telemetry device.

Once you have a better understanding of what you’re doing, you CAN use a Pi to be a hot-spot and then use that MAVLINK connection to the flight control to be your telemetry link - but you really want to start with something simpler.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it