Question about default parameters for ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE

Hi,

I’m performing the ‘Setting Up for Tuning’ step for my quadcopter, and I came across this part where I had to set ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE as 2. From the documentation here it appears that the range of possible values for this parameter is 5 to 50.

Is there a mistake in the documentation / guide or have I misinterpreted the documentation? Thanks for you help ! Apologies if this is a repeat post, I didn’t manage to find any related topics !

Use the Initial Parameters step in MissionPlanner to automatically set all those parameters.
Update MissionPlanner if you dont see that step under Mandatory Hardware
You need to have at least voltage monitoring working correctly first, plus all normal calibrations of course.
Current monitoring is also handy if you have it.

Just put in your prop size and battery cell count, change the battery chemistry if you need to.
Leave the cell voltages however the calculator sets them unless you’ve got some super-special battery that you fully understand.

As indicated, best to also select the “suggested” settings

Sometimes the documentation can be a bit wrong when it comes to range of values - maybe what the developer first expected was revised without the doco being updated.

If you like to do things manually then you can use this spreadsheet to get the values for those parameters