Quadcopter is Wobbling diagonally

Hello I have an issue with my Quadcopter. The specs are 40a 6s opto esc, 360 kV 5010 bd uav motors, 5200 mah 2s and 4s in parallel battery, radiolink pixhawk and fsi6s transmitter weight of the drone is 2 - 2.2kg. the issue is whenever I use bigger propeller (1650 cf gemfan) the drone wobbles diagonally (1 and 2 motor according to pixhawk motor layout) and looses altitude. But when I use 1238 props the with same config the drone flies stable. Flight controller is mounted 1 inch above esc and pdb. Please help!

What I tried

Changing all four motors
Calibration

Here is a link to videos

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11DFX4xmH7EXkvimQouf0n7w4PuhYz8Kk

As ALWAYS we need a .bin log file and the firmware version you are using.

2023-11-11 20-02-25.tlog (559.6 KB)

due to bigger size file I have uploaded on same drive.
2023-11-11 22-43-18 is stable where I am using 1238 props
2023-11-11 20-02-52 is the wobbling issue where i am using 1650 props.
I am using 4.4.2 firmware for pixhawk fmuv3 as per manufacturer’s instruction
latest link is :- Quadcopter - Google Drive

You didn’t change the tuning between the props. There will be a difference between 12" and 16" props. Since the basic tuning is still on defaults you should run the initial tuning parameter tool for the different sizes.

There’s also a large spread between motors. The motors may not be aligned well enough.

1 Like

Guys, I just tried 4s with 1755 props and it works great. So maybe there must be interference or something because the flight controller is mounted just above the escs and pdb.

Your problem is far more likely ignoring tuning and setup while making massive 4-5" prop changes. If you just flew 17" props without any other tuning, I’d say it’s a stroke of luck vs mitigating “interference or something.”

1 Like

Would need to see the log to believe that.

Yes, uploading it. And also you can check the drive link for the log files and videos.P.S I also tried tuning the initial parameters and I didn’t notice any difference.

You need to identify which log if there is multiple logs. And videos are not worth much.

Guys it the issue had to with power maybe, the drone is running great till 4s but it starts Wobbling on 5s and 6s, can anyone please check log named 2023-11-11 20-02-52 , if there is interference from the escs and pdb( spikes/ anamolous in imu reading). And as current and voltage are directly proportional to magnetic field generated. The controller is mounted just above the power cables and escs.

I have mentioned above about which log is which.

You have no battery/current/ESC telemetry logged, so there are no conclusions to be drawn regarding current spikes.

Otherwise, the tune looks rough at best. Even hover throttle appears to be set at default (and not correct, as it should be closer to 0.15).

Vibrations look reasonable, so that’s a start.

As mentioned before, there is likely some frame twist or motor mounting issue, as the outputs vary quite a bit where they should overlap a bit closer.

It appears you have followed none of the steps outlined here:
Tuning — Copter documentation (ardupilot.org)

I will just upload logs with power logged in

Instead of asking folks to waste time looking at more logs, follow the instructions linked.

1 Like

Sir, is there any spikes in reading of imus during the quad is Wobbling. This means the vibration is causing it or the power lines?.

No. The tune sucks, and you’re chasing ghosts by assuming you have a current issue and randomly changing prop sizes. Follow the dang directions.

Sir, I am very inexperienced in tuning , can I try autotune instead???, also I am setting initial tuning parameters everytime.

I linked this once before, and it’s tiresome to repeat myself:
First Flight with Copter — Copter documentation (ardupilot.org)

Read every page. Do every step that could possibly apply.

Is there any issue in wiring?