Quad lifting after throttle Punch

Early Morning start.

LOG

Can you test this: https://github.com/ArduPilot/MethodicConfigurator/actions/runs/8601520393/artifacts/1394442173 it should help, a lot!

Thanks for link but not sure what to do at this point after it read params off FC

Pic

There is a vehicle example directory on c:\ProgData.ardupilot_methodic_configurator\vehicle_examples\diatone_taycan_mxc\params-4.5.0 copy it to c:\ProgData.ardupilot_methodic_configurator\vehicle_examples\your_vehicle_name

Then open it as vehicle directory, and start editing.

Hit: there is a user manual MethodicConfigurator/USERMANUAL.md at master · ArduPilot/MethodicConfigurator · GitHub

Com port was wrong. But now I can setup

Remember to edit both values AND change reason fields.

In the end it generates a nice .zip file that you can post here for support.

1 Like

so help me understand… This process gives recommendations on what current setup you have for the best results or does it compare to the dyatone set up? Just curious if the new params would give the drone erratic behavior. Sorry for constant questions just trying to get a better understanding of this configuration software because it seems like a game changer.

Example

The current parameter value read from your FC is on the left side.
The parameter from the diatone is on the right. You should NOT use the value from the diatone, you should edit it to meet YOUR needs.

All GUI elements have mouseover tooltips. Just move your mouse over a field to get the respective documentation.

Do not write parameters to the FC until you have customized ALL parameters to your needs.
If the parameter does not apply to you, deselect the “Write” box.

Yes, I believe it is a game changer too :slight_smile: . And it is not finished yet.

Understandable Thank You

Excellent - you’ve got ESC data now.
You can set the filter like this now and it should handle any flying situation.

INS_HNTCH_MODE,3
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,50
INS_HNTCH_BW,10
INS_HNTCH_REF,1
INS_HNTCH_FM_RAT,1
INS_HNTCH_OPTS,2

After the next test flight check in the log for PM.Load , currently running at about 28% to 32% (280 to 320 in this graph)

If the new load (after the filter changes) goes over say 80% (800) then change these to reduce the number of notch filters running and reduce the load so that other functions are not affected

INS_HNTCH_BW,20
INS_HNTCH_OPTS,0

The compass calibration is still difficult since the current sensor is not giving us a reasonable value.
You might as well disable BATT2 since it seems to be measuring the same as BATT, unless you have two sensors and two batteries - then they should have identical capacity and voltage settings.
BATT2_MONITOR,0
In fact there is a misconfiguration with the main battery monitor, try these settings:

BATT_VOLT_PIN,10
BATT_AMP_PERVLT,66.7

Do another test flight as before and let’s see how we go with voltage and current this time and maybe we can correctly calibrate the compass finally :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if that load is from the imu temperature calibration running?

The reason for batt configuration is what was mentioned in flight controller manual to get 12s voltage pic below! Should I still change it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EiBakGO3xYIGfWb-bZOErK7yv7w5-Yiz/view?usp=sharing

Here is a log file!!

Log

Shouldnt be.
I’ll check on those battery settings, I see the Mateksys info and will try to work out what to do.
It also says there is no current sensor :frowning:

Exactly which board do you have?

I’ll check that log too.

Log no good!
LOG_BITMASK is set wrong - Use LOG_BITMASK,180222

Lumenier LUX H7 HD Ultimate Flight Controller

That was weird don"t recall changing that.

LOG
log_0_2024-4-8-20-35-04.bin - Google Drive

But I do have both PDB’s telemetry pinned to fc on serial 1 & 2 for esc telemetry. Not sure if it’s reading because I don’t see any information documented.

That log shows very good attitude control and the notch filter is working well.

You have done a nice trick there and set the BATT voltage pin to be the BATT2 pin, so that’s working well. Just set:
BATT_MONITOR,3
to only monitor voltage, and:
BATT2_MONITOR,0
to disable the second battery monitor, the first one should still work using that pin you have set :slight_smile:
Set BATT_CAPACITY to 0 and the BATT_*_MAH ones too, no point setting capacity values when you cant measure current.

This is going to be your best compass calibration without a current sensor:

COMPASS_OFS_X,-140.17130796898272
COMPASS_OFS_Y,75.96988463279885
COMPASS_OFS_Z,154.95931445934684
COMPASS_DIA_X,1.1673473950158038
COMPASS_DIA_Y,0.9106266433021069
COMPASS_DIA_Z,0.9220259616820893
COMPASS_ODI_X,0.03012951665703893
COMPASS_ODI_Y,0.08041467191007917
COMPASS_ODI_Z,0.013444725557188465
COMPASS_MOT_X,0
COMPASS_MOT_Y,0
COMPASS_MOT_Z,0
COMPASS_SCALE,0.9654994019451776
COMPASS_ORIENT,0
COMPASS_MOTCT,0
2 Likes

Thanks I will input and make note on next build to make sure current sensing is working

or move the compass a bit further away from the major current-carrying wires