Quad Copter - Auto Tune Fail , Losing Altitude during Maneuvers, Motor Oscillating sound

hello

We have made a quadcopter for Surveillance purpose the specs are below ,

prop siz -17 inch
motor - anti gravity 5008 -400kv T motors
air 40amp esc
pixhawk cube orange
here 3 gps
battery- 22000mah 6s lipo
take off weight -4kgs

We are facing few issues mentioning them below also attaching flight log.

1- Oscillation in motor power/sound(jerky) In Alt hold and Stabilize mode. loss and gain of altitude minor

2- Loss of Altitude during left or right bank maneuver .

3- After doing manual Tuning we are still unable to auto tune. Error- Tune manually Level fail

4- Unable to maintain altitude when the stick is in neutral position.

Requesting some inputs and information for the same.

LOG ON DRIVE - quadcopter LOGS - Google Drive

LOOKING FOR A POSITIVE FEEDBACK

My guess is that you did not follow the “mandatory initial tuning procedure” described in the documentation.

Are you using ArduCopter 4.2.3 ?

Your vibration levels are way too high with clipping. This needs to be rectified.

Not much point in enabling 2 Dynamic Notches w/o some consideration for the parameters. And the Notch Filter is not a solution to vibe level this bad.

We did the mandatory intial setup as per my understadning.

Yes we have uodated the latest firmware.

So in your opinion how should we go about to reduce vibration and clipping.

Feedback would be highly appricated

It depends on the frame, what the FC is mounted to and how. Is there landing gear or payload flopping around? Because it’s X and Y vibes that are high.

The Motor outputs are oscillating badly and bouncing off of minimum. You probably want to lower MOT_SPIN_MIN. Just make sure MOT_SPIN_ARM is lower than that.

Ok so the FC i jsut checked wasnt hard mounted it was taped wirh 8mm tape… so that should eb the reason.

And motor parmeters eill change tom and test flight will share a updated log then

Disable the notch filters and set INS_LOG_BAT_MASK to 1 before flying.

hello.

We did a test flight recently with the initial mandatory parameters list shared in this forum.

we are still facing oscillation of motors in alt and stabilize mode. I am attaching the log drive link if you could have a look at it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ryWKya_Z09MvLKsz2VQ4-9asafQr4a1s?usp=sharing

hello.

We did a test flight recently with the initial mandatory parameters list shared in this forum.

we are still facing oscillation of motors in alt and stabilize mode. I am attaching the log drive link if you could have a look at it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ryWKya_Z09MvLKsz2VQ4-9asafQr4a1s?usp=sharing

Arducopter 4.0 and later
ACRO_YAW_P 2.3
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX 65700
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX 65700
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX 20700
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD 13.5 Do not go below 10
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTE 0
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT 13.5 Do not go below 10
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD 13.5 Do not go below 10
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTE 0
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT 13.5 Do not go below 10
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTD 0
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE 2
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTT 13.5 Do not go below 10
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN 0.1 Set to 0.5 after test flights
INS_ACCEL_FILTER 20 Set lower for high vibrations
INS_GYRO_FILTER 27 Large frames start with 20
MOT_THST_EXPO 0.72 see comment
MOT_THST_HOVER 0.2 Hover Learn will fix this

we are using this

You can not copy the parameters from someone else. Their vehicle might be very different from yours.

You need to use the mandatory initial parameters wizard from mission planner to calculate the parameters of your vehicle.

You must address the levels of vibration before proceeding with any tuning, they are extremely high with 100’s of clipping events.

And you didn’t disable the Notch Filters as suggested. I see no logic to the parameter values that are set for this so they can’t be doing any good.