Servers by jDrones

QGroundControl now available in iOS App Store

(DonLakeFlyer) #1

QGC v3.0.1 stable build is now available in the iOS app store. Working on getting deskop OSX QGC stable builds into to store as well, stay tuned.

(Carlos) #2

How do you connect your iphone to Qgroundcontrol?

(DonLakeFlyer) #3

I assume you mean how do you connect your Vehicle to QGroundControl when running on an iPhone. The answer is over WiFi.

(Wowbagger) #4

How do I connect my vehicle to Wifi?

(Carlos) #5

Thanks for the answer. Could you tell me what piece of hardware is needed? Anything specific?

(DonLakeFlyer) #6

I think anything with an ESP8266 will work. Some pointers here:

(Wowbagger) #7

OK, so ist is useless for an APM 2.5. :frowning:

(Carlos) #8

Sorry… my bad. I already have a Pixhawk and I would like to know if there is a particular piece of hardware I need to use to get a WiFi connection qith QGround. Thanks,

(DonLakeFlyer) #9

Already answered above…

(Stefan Arbes) #10

Is it possible to stream video output to the iOS-Version? For example an UPD stream or something else?

(Mirko Denecke) #11

Hi Carlos,

I am using a Bluetooth serial converter wired to a 3DR radio module to connect my Android Phone to my BBBmini flight controller.

(DonLakeFlyer) #12

On iOS no video streaming at this point. Hopefully we’ll be able to do it in a future release. On Android video streaming works.

(Rod Davis) #13

Tested it with a Pixracer and the ESP8266 wifi module. Works well and I especially like the configuration section. Great work!

(Bill Bonney) #14

The ESP8266 has a serial port on it. You can set it to 57600 and connect it to a APM2.5 HW if you want. It will work

(KiwiHC16) #15

mavproxy is also a solution: Copter - Telemetry - Computer with mavproxy - Wifi - SoftWare with UDP port (iOS, Android, …).
Work very well for me.

(Richard) #16 scroll down on this page for a lot of info

(Stefan Arbes) #17

Any news on that? If you ever need a tester, here he is :slight_smile:

But anyway, I’m testing the iOS version and I like it very much.