Pump connection - please help

Hello everyone,

I’m making a spraying drone for my class project but I don’t have much experience in mechatronics or drones in general. With regards to the spraying system, I bought this mini pump:

All I need the pump to do is turn on and off to spray water. I saw in a video a guy used a servo motor and a PWM DC speed regulator controller to somehow turn the pump on and off, but I have no idea about the connections… he also had a 10A brushed esc but didn’t show where it was connected so I don’t know if I need that either. Anyways I’m really short on time, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

P.s. this is the link to the video I saw, but the language isn’t English so it was a bit hard to understand: How To Make A Cheapest Agriculture Drone At Home | Om Hobby - YouTube

If you want variable speed use a brushed esc connected to a pwm output
If you want on off use a relay with a fet to drive the relay coil from a gpio,
Or I guess If you already have a spare servo and a switch on hand you could mechanically rig it up to push the switch but that would be the worst option.

Hi, thanks so much for your reply!

Okay so if I want on/off I need a relay. Could I use something like this:

Is that all I need? If you don’t mind could you please tell me how the connection works (I really am a newbie)? Does the mosfet connect to the flight controller and the pump? Is there any direct connection to the battery?

Again I really appreciate your help, thanks a lot

Get an understanding of pwm vs (rc)pwm, yuri wrote a good post on it here somewhere.
Flight controller gpio only handles <25mA or so , the relay coil probably draws more than that, hense the need for the fet. If you want something ready to go try the h bridge type boards.
You may only need something like this