Proximity Sensor for Drone Activation

Hello!

I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question regarding the integration of a proximity sensor into my drone. I would like to explore the possibility of having my drone automatically armed itself when the proximity sensor detects a specific threshold, say 1 cm.

To provide some context, I’m currently working on a project that requires my drone to be activated based on proximity to an object or surface. I believe incorporating a proximity sensor into the drone’s design will help achieve this functionality. However, I’m unsure about the specific steps and components required to accomplish this task.

We are using Arducopter and cubeorange

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their insights or experiences regarding the integration of proximity sensors into drones.

If anyone has prior knowledge, tips, or resources related to this topic, I would be extremely grateful for your guidance. Your assistance will contribute significantly to the progress of my project.

Thank you in advance for your time and support. I eagerly look forward to your responses!

Thanks!!!

This is super simple to do via Lua script. But you would need to be careful to not have false arms if there is noise/some obstruction in front of your sensor.

3 Likes

Wow thanks for your quick reply!

I’ve been reading about lua scripts and I think that is the thing that I was looking for!

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like