Propose Lua Applet for Gimbal/Cam control

Hello

I would like to propose a new lua script as applet for ardupilot/libraries/AP_Scripting/applets at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

I have a camera that has picture and video trigger on the same channel. As ArduPilot is not able to handle that currently I wrote a script that allows to switch between auto and manual gimbal and camera control modes. Switching to manual camera control allows to enable picture as well as video trigger.

Please let me know what you think of it and how it could be improved. I would like to ask to put into the ArduPilot lua applets directory finally.

Gimbal_Camera_Mode.zip (3.6 KB)

Greetings

Hi @drtrigon,

Thanks for wanting to contribute code to ArduPilot! In order to do so it would be best to create a pull request against Ardupilot/master. It is far easier to review code and get the rights eyes on it via GitHub.

Here are the steps to contributing code,
https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/contributing.html

If you need help with that process let me know?

Hello @hendjosh

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

I created the pull request: select auto or manual gimbal/camera control mode by drtrigon · Pull Request #18926 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

If there is anything with the pull request that is not formally correct or should be changed, please let me know.

If there is any input regarding improvements to the lua script, please let me know as well. :wink:

Awesome! I’ve left one small comment about the commit message.