Problem configuring APM 2.0 with Pixhawk using a Turnigy TGY-iA6C

HI just new to this . Am using PIxhawk 2.4.8 with a turnigy evolution. However on set up can’t get any initial configuration going , as in gyro etc . When I connect also it provides no views . Am doing a hexacopter using ppm.

Any help massively appreciated .

Other than you are having problems, I have no idea what you are trying to tell us.

To fix that you need to be VERY specific and VERBOSE.

Tell us step by step what you are doing, what indications you are getting, what ground control station software you are using (Mission Planner, APM Planner 2.0, qGround Control, etc) what computer hardware and operating system (Linux, Mac OS, Windoze, etc.) you are using and so on…

1 Like

God this is highly involved . Am using the latest APM planner 2 on Mac , a copy pixhawk 2.4.8 and a Turnigy iA6c rx and can’t get anything on the sbus line in . On RC out it connects but all i get is a warning on the Evolution tx to disconnect . Im guessing its the board , but it has updated the software with no problem .

Im just not experienced enough here to make sense of it all. Huge respect for those who can

The S.Bus port is “odd”. Its not an input for an S.Bus or PPM signal. the S.Bus port can be used as either an Input for RSSI from a receiver, or it can be used as an Output for S.bus.

RCIN is the input for S.Bus or PPM from the receiver.

Since we are talking about ports, we need to make sure you have the 3- wire servo lead from the receiver iBus/PPM out put port connected properly to the Pixhawk RCIN port.

Looking at the header pins on the Pixhawk, GROUND is at the TOP, +5 volts is in the center, and SIGNAL is at the bottom. An easy way to check this is to turn the Evolution ON, and plug a USB cable into the Pixhawk USB port. The Pixhawk should boot up and if the servo lead is connected properly the receiver should power up. At this point you should be able to connect APM Planner to Pixhawk.

Connecting to APM Planner is not really intuitive because you have to select the proper COM port and baud rate. I’m not an Apple user, so I have no idea how to find which port you MAC will assign to the Pixhawk, but I do know the default baud rate for the port is 115200.

You might want to read this thread:
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/apm-planner-2-0-mac-usb-issue/5080