Problem althold, attitude hold, heading hold

Hallo Holger,
was genau funktioniert denn jetzt nicht? Du konntest doch jetzt eine Verbindung herstellen, richtig? Wenn Du Probleme damit hast, den richtigen COM-Port zu finden, kannst Du auch “Auto” in MP verwenden. Dann sollte er sich eigentlich den richtigen Port heraussuchen. Hast Du das mal probiert? Bei mir funktioniert das immer problemlos. Ansonsten noch auf die richtige Baudrate achten: Für die Verbindung über USB ist das 115200.

Zu den Sicherheitsstufen: Das Einzige, was Du jetzt noch machen musst, ist doch armen. Richtig? Danach kannst Du wie gewohnt den Gasschalter umlegen (an den auch interlock gekoppelt ist) und der Rotor beginnt zu drehen.

Die Interlock-Funktion macht dahingehend Sinn, dass sie auch Deinen Gasschalter nochmal testet. Nehmen wir an, Dein Gas-Minimum liegt nicht niedrig genug. Du armst den Heli und er läuft unvermittelt an. Das ist schon schlecht. Mindestens genauso schlecht ist es aber, dass Du ihn jetzt nicht mehr abstellen kannst. Auch nicht im Notfall! Die Interlock-Funktion würde in einem derartigen Fall verhindern, dass der Motor überhaupt losläuft.

Wenn man das Setup einmal richtig gemacht hat, muss man sich ja auch nicht mehr darum kümmern. Du musst ja keinen zusätzlichen Schalter umlegen o. ä. Von daher ist es absolut sinnvoll, die Funktion zu behalten.

Viele Grüße

Felix

Hallo Felix,
mit den Sicherheitseinstellungen hast Du Recht, werde ich auch so weiter nutzen.

mein Problem mit 4.0 war / ist nicht der comport! ich habe ja oben beschrieben, über welchen Umweg ich es hinbekommen habe.
und wie gesagt: bei meinem neuen pix ging 4.0 erst, nachdem ich 3.6 installiert hatte.
Und es kam auch keine Fehlermeldung (connection fail o.ä.), es lief auch nicht die 30-Sekunden-Uhr rückwärts - das Programm hatte sich einfach aufgehängt und reagierte nicht mehr.
da muss irgendein bug drin sein. Vielleicht ja auch im Pix?

Aber nun läuft es ja, werde berichten!

Viele Grüße Holger

Hallo Holger,
da ich aus diversen Gründen selber die 4.0 noch nicht drauf habe, kann ich dazu im Moment nicht viel sagen. Evtl. kann auch die Stromversorgung eine Rolle spielen. Bei einem meiner Computer gehen die Firmware-Updates auch meistens schief, weil da offenbar nicht genug Strom über den USB-Port kommt. Dass es ein Bug in der 4.0 ist, glaube ich eher nicht. Vor allem, weil es jetzt ja funktioniert. Ich bin gespannt auf Deinen Bericht.
Viele Grüße
Felix

Hallo Felix,
hatte ich auch gelesen. hatte aber die Stromversorgung an und bei nur - USB alles abgeklemmt.
Ab er so ein update muss ja auch für alle FC’s gehen, vielleicht rutscht da mal was durch.
Mein Freund hatte es mal, dass danach 2 Servoausgänge nicht mehr gingen und auch nicht zu beleben waren.

Aber Hauptsache, jetzt geht es .

Bericht kommt!

Gruß Holger

Hallo Felix und Bill,
habe heute schnell einen Flug mit dem Protos gemacht. Alles bestens!
Althold ohne Problem, und RTL bei dem böigen Wind sehr prima.
Demenstsprechend wird es auch beim Tandem gehen.

Heute bei den neuen Posts in Ardu ist einer, der auch Problem mit PIXmini / 4.0 hat.

Viele Grüße Holger

Ja, das hatte ich auch. Trotzdem funktioniert es bei mir nur, wenn die Versorgung über USB gut ist. Vielleicht priorisiert er einfach den Port. Da ich aber ein anderes Board habe, ist das natürlich nur bedingt aussagekräftig für Dich.

Freut mich, dass Dein Flug gut geklappt hat. Dann hat es sich ja gelohnt, dass Du das Setup nochmal sauber durchgegangen bist.

Viele Grüße

Felix

hello Holger,
Nice to see you flying well.Can you tell which version of the firmware you use.Currently, I am using version 3.6.8.In stabilize mode, i can fly smoothly, but in loiter mode, the aircraft will bump up and down.
best regards.

In FW version 3.6.8 the param PSC_ACCZ_P was default 0.5. That is in most situation to high. Reduce that value to 0.3 or even 0.2 and the bumping up and down will go away.

1 Like

yes, and if your FC is “far” away from the CG, the you must give the distance in the Parameter.
in my case 45 cm.

1 Like

Thanks you two for helping Moluav. I totally agree in both points.
@moluav: Let us know, if you’re still experiencing problems.

@FRED_GOEDDERT I checked that the default value of PSC_ACCZ_P is 0.28. Within your recommended range, I tried to adjust the values of PSC_VELXY_I and PSC_VELXY_P yesterday. When PSC_VELXY_P is 0.6 and PSC_VELXY_I is 0.3, the effect has been improved, and the aircraft is basically in loiter mode It can maintain fixed-point flight, but the effect is still not ideal. Today I will try to adjust PSC_ACCZ_P again to see the effect.
@picoflug Thanks for your answer, I will try to make some adjustments.
@Felix Thanks for your answers and help.

@moluav could you provide a log where you experienced this issue. It would certainly help us pinpoint the problem.

@bnsgeyer thanks for your help.There are some logs with poor flight effects in the past two days. Today, after adjusting some parameters, the flight effects have improved, so the old logs will not be uploaded. Tomorrow I will upload the latest flight log. Today ’s flight control has a bad logging phenomenon, so today ’s log is lost. At present, the aircraft will show a “toilet bowl” after a period of time. But I am not sure if it is a “toilet bowl”. I will upload the latest flight log tomorrow after solving the bad logging problem.

Could you please check, if your compass is calibrated correctly and pointing into the correct direction on the map before you do your flight? Toilet bowl behavior is usually caused by compass inaccuracy. Have you entered the declination of the place where you live?

@moluav please upload one of the older flight logs that show the problem you were having and then your latest that shows the better handling.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zNwcxOpvvfL19_cO-ihe2e89-OCxu8Co
here are my some logs.Let me do some explanation。

the 2020-02-24 19-12-42.log
In stabilize mode, i can fly smoothly, but in loiter mode, the aircraft will bump up and down.I found from the logs that the internal magnetic compass was relatively noisy, and I disabled the internal magnetic compass afterwards.

the 2020-02-25 09-46-46.log
I tried to adjust the values of PSC_VELXY_P to 2 and PSC_VELXY_I to 1.The last time I switched from stable mode to loiter mode, I felt a little improvement, but adjusting the ROLL through the remote control found that the drone also started shaking.Actually found no improvement on the later flight.

the 2020-02-27 11-09-42.log
I tried to adjust the values of PSC_VELXY_I and PSC_VELXY_P yesterday. When PSC_VELXY_P is 0.6 and PSC_VELXY_I is 0.3, the effect has been improved, and the aircraft is basically in loiter mode It can maintain fixed-point flight, but the effect is still not ideal.Drone flight was relatively stable at the beginning. But the drone will start shaking after flying for a while

In addition, my ATC_RAT_RLL_P is 0.05 and ATC_RAT_PIT_P has reached 0.5. It feels very different, I do n’t know if there is a problem

@Felix i have tried to calibrate my compass and stoped the internal compass.But nothing seems to improve.
@bnsgeyer i have upload my some logs.please download them.

I looked at your logs. To me it seems like it is a problem with your tuning. Your attitude isn’t tracking very well. I’d recommend to first do the tuning as precisely as possible and only then try to adjust the automated flight modes. You have a very large offset between the desired and actual attitude (especially in roll). I’d assume this is coming from a not perfectly leveled swash plate. Maybe you should redo your swashplate-setup as accurately as possible. When you’re sure that your swashplate is perfectly level, you can get rid of the remaining offset with the ATC_RAT_RLL_ILMI and ATC_RAT_PIT_ILMI parameters. You could set them to a low value like 0.008. I’m pretty confident that a good attitude tracking will help the autopilot do its job with higher precision and that you get rid of your problems.

@Felix thanks for review the logs. I agree that if the attitude controller is not tuned well then we can’t make a sound diagnosis of the problems in loiter or other flight modes. I would make one modification to your recommendation. I think ILMI values of 0.008 would be too low. I would recommend a bare minimum of 0.04 but I typically recommend 0.08 as a good starting point for ILMI.

Okay, great. Then 0.08. I just looked my own value up and it seems to be sufficient. But I spent a lot of time into a precise swash plate setup. And I was always afraid of tipping over on the ground. Maybe I should try increasing it a bit myself when you say it’s safe.

It’s always a good idea to get the swashplate set up right. However in order for the attitude controller to hold a hover in winds, it needs larger values of ILMI. A value of 0.08 will give approximately 5 deg of angle error to allow for hovering in winds