Precision Landing Mavlink message

Hello, any chance we will get some Mav message for “target aquired” during precision landing in 3.6.x??

Thanks,

Corrado

It’s probably best to add this as an enhancement request in the issues list so it isn’t forgotten. I can’t personally make any promises, I’m mostly focused on getting the critical bugs fixed in 3.6… perhaps another developer will pick it up though.

Willing to look into it, since i need the same functionality. Where to create the Pull request ? Against 3.6 or master branch ?

Hello Andras, glad you are interested in it too. If you need any testing, we have 2 machines with IR-Lock intalled and perfectly working.

regards,

Corrado

1 Like

Andras,

Thanks for stepping up! PRs should definitely go against master and then if there’s still time to fit it into Copter-3.6 we would merge it over to the Copter-3.6 branch.

Pull request created : https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8985
Hope it is OK. Tested in SITL and on my quad.

1 Like

Thank you!!! This is great!!

Does it need to be implemented in Mission Planner or the category of warnings it belongs to authomatically shows up on MP hud?

regards,

Corrado

No changes needed in MP, warnings are displayed automatically.

That is really great, looking forward to test it, hope it’ll make it in the next rc release.

regards,

Corrado

Hello Andras, have been following your github pull request, any news on it? Think it’ll make on the next RC release?

Looking forward to test it.

Corrado

I’m waiting for a word from @rmackay9 about the correctness of the implementation.

Great, thanks.

Corrado

Hey guys, here’s an alternative implementation:

This uses structured mavlink message instead of a GCS text message as part of EXTRA3 stream group. Not better or worse, just different :slight_smile:

Nice, the only drawback that it needs modification at the GCS side as well to interpret and display the message. However ultimately I think this is the right way to do it.

Is this in master already?

Hi @anon67614380 if you’re referring to mine then no, I’ve only just raised a PR. I’ve made some related PRs as well including a similar one to improve logging, you can follow progress here:
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/ac-precland-improvements-and-updates/31614

Thank you for your work, will follow closely.

Corrado