PreArm: Internal errors 0x1000000 l:168 imu_reset

Yes it works, but also bdshot is not enabled unless you set a mask - so safe to try.

Thanks @andyp1per. My understanding from the docs is that only the Kakute F7 and Beast F7/H7 have bdshot versions of the firmware. I am not seeing one for the Matek H743. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place? :slight_smile:

https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/MatekH743-bdshot/

Oh, I see… It’s a beta. OK, let me give it a shot. Thank you @andyp1per.

@andyp1per , I flashed the beta version you pointed out, and with that I see alternating messages: “Internal error 0x1000000”, “Bad gyro health”, and “Bad accels health”.

Could these symptoms be due to the fact that the Matek H743 has not one but two IMUs (MPU6000 (SPI1) & ICM20602 (SPI4))?

As discussed on the other thread, it’s great to keep trying but I think it really is a hardware issue and there is little we can do about it in software.

I have that board and get no errors with this firmware - so as @rmackay9 says I think it must be hardware

Good to hear a confirmation, @andyp1per, thank you! I will get another one of these boards soon. Hopefully it’s just mine that’s bad. Shipped from China (sigh) :slight_smile:

If “seattleiteFPV” means Seattle, WA these Matek boards are available from domestic sources. And less than Banggood for example. I don’t find it necessary to buy much from China sources anymore.

1 Like

Mission Planner 1.3.74 build 1.3.7563.
Copter: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/commit/08b8a43ab583301b0f1de358d8a0273caf97e24b

PXFmini (MPU9250 onboard).
This board has flown with Copter 3.4.

I get InternalError 0x1000000

and DISARMED FAILSAFE.

I will do more testing and get logs soon. It sort of goes away for a second or two but error usually there 99% of time,.

Messages screen does not show imu_reset error on mine.

@WaveRep,

This error message occurs because our IMU driver has noticed a problem with the IMU and has had to reset it. In some cases at least we think this is a hardware problem and all that has changed is that we are alerting the user to the problem.

In any case I’ve added this to the Copter-4.1.0 issues list so hopefully some other devs can look into it once you download a log.

1 Like

@rmackay9 My messages tab doesn’t mention the imu_reset. Is your statement still accurate?

Thanks for all your help with mine and others.

@WaveRep,

Yes, I think 0x1000000 is the imu_reset (table of error codes is here in the code). We don’t currently print a human readable string for the internal errors perhaps because we aren’t expecting them to be very common at least in stable releases… we may be wrong though so it’s worth us thinking about improving the message.

We found the same Internal Error 0x100000 after a SmartRTL (successfully completed except for LAND_SPEED). Just after landing, we disarmed and changed flight mode, at this time MP reported the Internal Error 0x100000, no other relevant messages.

Copter 4.0.7.

I am not sure if I should post here. I see I didn’t get the full error message in the photo but maybe this will help.

These errors didn’t show up with the previous firmware. I am using an original Pixhawk from 2014, not a clone.

I am also attaching all the logs of the same day. I flew this morning at ±7am. Not sure which log had the error in. Probably 175. I was changing flight modes in mission planner and saving the flight modes to the drone.

This is all the logs

This is the photo of my screen

@Taskman @xfacta I am facing the same error ‘PreArm: Internal errors 0x1000000 l:168 imu_reset’, 24 seconds after Power ON of the Pixhawk(I am using the Cube Orange), it would be of great help if you would help me out with that.
If you need any additional information for resolving the issue do let me know.

1 Like

I am getting the same error but randomly in flight, also with cube orange

1 Like

Hi

Sorry, it was so long ago and so many things went wrong. Everything was just so random for me since I didn’t and still don’t know anything.

I upgraded and downgraded firmware a few times. I disconnected things and reconnected things. Not much more you can do I think.

Kobus

1 Like

I suspect that Internal Error was changed to remove/fix it or maybe update the text so it was more meaningful. The consensus was it was due to a hardware error.
Make sure you are on latest stable firmware version, there have been many important fixes.
Also check you are using EKF3 after the upgrade.

Similar issues are reported infrequently here:

1 Like

@Taskman During the whole process I assume you didn’t changed the Flight controller. Keeping the flight controller same, you switched around with the firmware versions, and all the hardware on the aircraft were kept same.