Poxhawk 2.1 motor arming

Hello quadcopter fans and experts.

I have a very noob and beginner question but need your help and advice:

So I have successfully installed the pixhawk along with Turnigy Plush 30 escs. The calibration works perfectly however when I disconnect and reconnect the battery the motors don’t arm ad I start hearing a beeping voice from the escs. I have done the fail switch hold till solid and kept the throttle down rudder right too.
What am I doing wrong?

P.s. Apologies if I posted in the wrong place. My very first one here.
Thank y’all for your input in advance!

The beeping tone from the ESC’s just means that the ESC’s aren’t armed, This is normal. and the most common reason the Pixhawk won’t arm is because it failed a pre arm safety check,

Read this: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/prearm_safety_check.html

Also, If your drone hasn’t flown successfully with a stable version of Copter then you shouldn’t be using Copter 3.6 as it is in Beta testing. Use Copter 3.5.7 instead.

You need to read the Wiki here

There you will find all the information you need to understand what is going on.

Many thanks Fred,

You are right. The problem was related to the mag field. I uploaded the 3.5.7 firmware but could not calibrate my compass to get a good offset. I went to an earlier version of the Mission Planner (1.3.47) software which shows the live calibration sphere (the latest one doesn’t show it for some reason) and got good calibration.
The problem I have now is that I cannot calibrate escs like before. Following the online instructions, after the second time connecting the battery while throttle is still up and pressing the failsafe switch for a solid red, nothing happens. The escs just do single beeps. My radio is calibrated and I’m doing everything just like before. Is there a problem with using the older version of the software?
What am I doing wrong?