Please recommend cheap flight controller for drone with ardupilot support

Hi, please recommend cheap flight controller for quadrocopter with ardupilot/mission planning support.

Please consult WIKI as there is a lot of information available

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-autopilots.html

1 Like

Hi, Speedy Bee f405 V3 is not bad. It costs around 70$ with esc controller. But you need to change firmware there from betaflight to ardupilot. There are firmware on Ardupilot website. I’m using this controller with companion computer to automate some processes and it works well on Ardupilot.

1 Like

Is it hard to connect it to radiomaster tx12? Currentrly we use erls

Nope, it’s easy. I’m using radiomaster tx12 too with elrs 2.4ghz. In drone I’m using beta fpv nano 2.4ghz, connected to speedybee. Ardupilot recognize it fine. One thing which you will need to do is to use elrs firmware the same version for receiver and in radiomaster controller

1 Like

You need to use ExpressLRS configurator software to upload firmware to receiver and radiomaster controller. If you are confused you can send me message directly I’ll help you

1 Like

Thank you very much. As far as I understand, I need to buy GPS , right? Becayse speedybee does not have one

Yeah, you need gps module separately

1 Like

The omnibusf4 pro V2 is a good board, its the cheapest all in one that I have found that runs Ardupilot, you can get them for around $35.

1 Like

Do you know whether ardupilot works with 915mhz ? or it is does not matter?

It doesn’t matter which frequency is used. It should support most types

1 Like

the frequency you should use depends on where you live, most of EU is 868mhz or 433mhz, USA is 433mhz or 915mhz.

1 Like

if you want to run lua scripts you will need a more advanced chip, something like the matek h743.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Will check this controller

Thank you very much for all information you have provided me with