Plane consistently flying 20M below target height on Auto

I am flying my first simple missions to learn how to setup waypoints etc. I have a small 3 WP test mission where the target height is 100m but the plane flies steadily at ~ 80m as it does the circuit. I would appreciate any suggestion on what the issue might be. The GPS are Baro altitude readings are consistent throughout. I have attached the log for todays test flight.

Many thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rvyZjony0kiEWEyIzbfH8_VY-7NXMxU/view?usp=sharing

you had the throttle stick at 100% the whole time, and had THROTTLE_NUDGE set to 1, enabling throttle stick nudging of target airspeed.
The result was it constantly was trying to increase speed, and it put it’s nose down to try to gain the speed being requested, which resulted in lower altitude. The plane is not capable of flying at the speed being requested.

1 Like

Tridge, many thanks for the very quick response and feedback. This is much appreciated.

Brian.

Tridge, just a quick update to say that I made the changes you recommended and the plane flew well today achieving the WPs target altitudes no problem.

The key finding, as well as your recommendation on the throttle_nudge, was the TRIM_ARSPD_CM and ARSPD-FBW-MAX values were both 50% higher than they should be. New ones were set by flying straight and level in FBWA at different throttle settings to get correct values.

Many thanks again.

Brian.

1 Like