Plane 4.2 beta release

Hello @tridge ,

I woul like to call your attention to an issue regarding the airspeed sensor that is not working in this beta releases.

Regards,
Pedro

thanks, Iā€™ve replied on your original post

@tridge

If I start the autotune process with autotune mode I can tune roll, elev and YAW with no problem. But if I start autotune with RCx=107 I only get roll and elev to tune, I never get pids for YAW.

This is a mistake? What are the differences between autotune mode and the new fixed wing autotune?

Thank you

Hello!

I would like to know if it is intented to add the Precision Landing using an IR-Lock beacon for VTOLS.

Is the any intention to add this functionallity to futures Plane versions?

Thank you so much,

Eduard Miralles

1 Like

yes, I would like to add that in the future. It isnā€™t in 4.2, but we may get it for 4.3. We will need people to help test it.

Looks like the pre-arm checks didnā€™t prevent arming before the EKF was ready.

I replied in that thread

normal fixed wing autotune does not tune YAW PIDs. You can make it tune YAW PIDs, but only if you set it up to use the yaw rate controller in ACRO mode first.
You would need to set an ACRO_YAW_RATE value, and also set YAW_RATE_ENABLE=1.
Tuning of yaw PIDs like this is meant for automatic aerobatics or ACRO mode, not for normal fixed wing flight

Hello!

good to hear that! My team and I can help in doing the tests! How can we get in touch?

Thank you,

Eduard Miralles

I am aware of the need to enable the YAW controller. In my case I tried it with ACRO_YAW_RATE=90 and YAW_RATE_ENABLE=1.

Precisely because of this I was able to do the YAW autotune in autotune mode. The question is why is it not possible to get PIDS from YAW via RCx=107 (new fixed wing autotune)?

The precision landing will be the feature Iā€™ve been waiting for. Count me in for testing

because the tuning is only active when the rate PID is active. You could do it in ACRO mode (although I havenā€™t tried that!) or when doing an aerobatic script, but we donā€™t yet have the option to use the yaw rate PID in normal flight. I think we should add an option to do that.
sorry for misunderstanding your question the first time!

There is nothing to forgive and much to be thankful for the enormous work you do, and for ā€œtaking timeā€ to respond to messages.