Plane 4.1 stable

The F.PORT still does not work in this release. Same behaviour as reported before. Sorry, but from my point of view this is CRITICAL as it fakes you in having the control of the aircraft but after 3 or 4 minutes the connection is lost and AP turns failsafe. I have a MatekH743 together with FrSky Archer RS receiver.
Below is the image I take after 25 minutes runnign with Fport (full control with no issues, besides the warnings being indoors)

Updated through MP to 4.1.2 (no bootloader update) and no issues after 15 minutes running.

After updating the Bootloader thorugh MP, Fport failed the connection after 5 minutes

If the bootloader suffer an update between the 4.0.9 and the 4.1 maybe this bug is related to the bootloader.

I agree with you maybe that recommendation should be in the wiki.

It is unlikely to be bootloader related. I have an Archer here and a MatekH743. I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue.
When you are testing this how is the FPort receiver being powered? Which exact pins is it connected to on the MatekH743?
The reason I ask is that the most common cause of a receiver losing connection in bench tests is marginal power to the receiver.
Also please send me a tlog of when it loses the receiver link, and let me know which MatekH743 variant it is.

I am connecting according to the manufacturing recomendation: Fport= Tx6 and SBus=Rx6, the power goes in 4V5 and Ground as shown in the picture.

You can see in the last post the 3rd picture shows the Failsafe (lost F.Port) while AP was full powered (HUD shows 16.45V)

Will send it tommorow, this is a Mateksys H743-Wing from this year.

You should be able to reproduce it in the bench. I have 2 aircrafts with the exact same setup concept using the Matek with same peripheral in same interfaces, I observed this F.Port issue in both of them, so its not an HW failure, remember F.Port was working in both aircrafts in FW 4.0.9.

Sorry, but If you are using Fport, why you connect SBUS to RX6?

Why not? This way I can configure SBUS for control and S.Port for telemetry or switch the F.Port to do both. This setting is done in the parameters. If I use the BDSHOT ( timer is occupied) I have to switch on the F.Port. If I don’t use the BDSHOT I can rely on the SBUS, as you see the F.Port is not reliable.

Thanks for the clarification, i did not understood that you were switching back and forth between FPort to Sbus+SmartPort.

Sorry, one more question, if you are doing this you should not wire it like this?
I thought that you could not share the same port for RX and TX using SBUS + Sport.

You can share the same port Rx6 +Tx6 (SBUS + S.PORT). Just try it, you will see it works :slight_smile:
When you use the DBshot then the Rx6 is taken ( because of the timer) then you need to use another UART for the SBUS, that is why I select the F.PORT (you dont need the Rx6, just the Tx6).

Thanks for the tip, i did not know that!

@tridge,

Here you are, the tlogs and log bins:
FPORT with no issues in FW 4.1.2 if no Bootloader upgrade from 4.0.9
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gCplrztfJvhKcQA4eXxpdsuWoi1Xykjr/view?usp=sharing

FPORT issue in FW4.1.2 including BL upgrade.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gHeaiG1HpJ_SZT5hf0fF5hHh2rSU-IV0/view?usp=sharing

cheers!

The setup :blush:

1 Like

@tridge I updated a Matek F405 WSE and a Matek F765 from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and both would not arm asking for the accelerometers to be calibrated again. I compared the Params and they all came across. What causes the board to decide to request a new calibration?

that is not expected. There were no changes that should trigger the accel cal not to be still valid.
Has anyone else seen this?

Have you updated using Mission Planer or STM32? If you use STM32 and do a full flash erase you loose the calibration data.

I used MP, the F405 WSE was not updating properly so while it was downloading the hex I disconnected and reconnected the usb and it worked. The F765 updated as expected. I compared both boards with params before the update and everything came across correctly.

Since I updated to 4.1.2, I can not connect via wifi (TCP). I have to disable MavFTP with BRD_OPTIONS=3 for it to progress. Has anything changed in the last AP version?

By USB it works correctly but not by TCP.

I had a VTOL flight (auto and FBWA modes) on a Volantex Ranger quadplane, using plane 4.1 stable. Prior to this flight I had just tuned the fixed wing and I was using default quad PIDs/settings.

The flight was good enough for me. The quad motors saturate in Qstabilize mode. I attribute this to the high altitude for my flight area (1680m asl) and there being some winds during this flight. But here is the datalog.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYDt6cCKUNNiM4iXSr7pohPYOHIZcX8i/view?usp=sharing

What would you improve on this flight?

@tridge Hi I am enclosing this issue as it has been quite troublesome I am not able to connect through my ubuntu VMware and I found the other user found the same issue and I am just stuck with the errors and I gave up completely. Tried a lot of things but not successful hoping if you could help with regards to it. I am enclosing the link for the thread which has the details.