I am delighted to announce the release of the 4.1.0 stable version of ArduPilot plane!
Note: please be patent as our build server is currently building the new copter 4.1.0rc3, it will be a few hours before the new plane release is available
This is the first stable release of the 4.1.x series for fixed wing. This is a major release, with a huge number of improvements over the 4.0.9 release.
The changes since the last beta (4.1.0beta8) are:
- fixed a wind speed initialiation bug that affects planes with no airspeed sensor and no compass
- added support for icm42605 on MatekH743
There have in total been over 9000 patches applied since the last major stable release (the 4.0.9 stable release), so listing all of them is not practical, but a few of the highlights are:
- USB log download speeds improved on F7 and H7 based boards
- Large improvements in EKF stability and support for very long distance flights
- new boards QiotekZealotF427, MatekF765-SE, MambaF405v2, KakuteF4Mini, FlywooF745, FlywooF745Nano, BeastF7 and BeastH7
- massive improvements to lua scripting, with greatly expanded API
- External AHRS support (VectorNav)
- support for EKF3 affinity for better sensor redundancy
- big improvements to GPS moving baseline yaw support
- new fixed wing PID system
- major fixed wing autotune update giving much better tuning
- added MAN_EXPO_* parameters for input expos in MANUAL, TRAINING and ACRO modes
- added ONESHOT_MASK for oneshot output on control surfaces
- dupport for bi-directional dshot on many boards
- added PiccoloCAN servo support
- new quadplane landing approach system, with airbraking
- greatly improved tiltrotor support with much improved transition stability
- new unified ESC telemetry system for CAN, DShot and serial ESC telemetry
- temperature calibration for IMUs, including factory calibration support
- much improved notch filtering support, including double-notch and realtime FFT based notch filtering
- much faster parameter download and mission upload/down using MAVFTP
- switched to new EKF3 as default state estimator with many new features
The 4.1.0 release includes contributions from over 240 developers and changes over 300 thousand lines of code across 2800 files. It has been a mammoth effort from the whole community to bring this new version of ArduPilot which pushes the best open flight controller to whole new levels. A big thank you to everyone who contributed, including the developers, testers and documenters. You should all be very proud of this release!
We are already starting work on 4.2.x, and will of course continue to do point releases to the 4.1.x series to keep everyone up to date with the latest fixes.
For those of you wanting to convert PIDs between 4.0 and 4.1 manually you can use this form:
Happy flying, and thanks for choosing ArduPilot!