Plane 4.1 stable

Hello Tridge, I will answer for myself. It would be enough for me to write that it only works with the latest version 4.2.0. This my issue may be too trivial for you, but…

@tridge currently in ardupilot v4.1.6 the RPM2_TYPE command appears with option 5:ESC Telemetry Motors Bitmask, but the RPM2_ESC_MASK command does not exist.

Is there a way to use it in v4.1.6?

Can we expect it to appear in the future v4.2.0?

Hi tridge,
tried AP 4.1.6 in Mission planner SITL with Realflight Griffin model and testing different RTL and QRTL modes.
i have some of doubts and clarification need on this because when we do it in real time I’m very afraid with out clarification on this.
Screenshot (62)

I have made land route as mentioned in the waypoint after the DO_LAND_START and Q_RTL_MODE =1
RTL_AUTOLAND = 2
As of my current waypoint No 5 has Loiter Unlimited over home point(Landing point).
when i gave RTL command it doesn’t follow the DO_LAND_START landing sequence instead its straight away QRTL to the land point.
As of setting RTL_AUTOLAND = 2 it should follow the Land sequence after the DO_LAND_START.

but it happen only when long distance .if aircraft far from landing sequence that time if i gave RTL it follow the landing sequence.

I want to one more thing that aircraft always flying in excess radius(Loiter) than i set it in SITL.
Example : if my loiter Radius is set to 200m means its always fly 220m in all radius depend modes.

@Tridge,

My ArduPlane version is V4.1.6 (eddf0367) and my controller is a Mateksys F765-WING. Everything seems to work fine but I have a STRG_BAK folder on SD.

Attached sample files
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VZoG0DTrt45KIherm8dirOI0BqgZjWMX?usp=sharing

What do those files mean? How can I solve it?

that is normal, it is a backup of your parameter storage using for diagnostics

I’ve just released plane 4.1.7beta1. The beta will likely be a few days, then we will start on 4.2.0beta releases

• avoid all opening of log files in main thread
  • support Benewake CAN Lidars
  • improved VTOL navigation shaping code
  • Compass custom orientation is never overwritten during calibration
  • EKF logging gaps fixed (some messages were occasionally being skipped)
  • IMU logging fix for IREG message (records IMU register changes)
  • SERVOx_FUNCTION protection to avoid memory overwrite if set too high
  • FTP parameter download fix

Happy flying!

4 Likes

The Future Wiki Changes documentation (in Master branch now) mentions RPM2_ESC_MASK.

This parameter does not appear in v4.1.6 despite following the described procedure.

Once complete set RPMx_TYPE to 5 and write the parameters to ArduPilot. Then refresh/fetch the parameters. You will find a number of additional parameters are now available for that instance.

What do I have to do to get RPM2_ESC_MASK to appear?

that parameter will be part of 4.2.x, it is not in 4.1.x. The “Future Wiki Changes” is about the next release, not the current one
If you’d like to try it now then please try running a ‘latest’ firmware or use the custom.ardupilot.org firmware build server

Hi @tridge your view on this please … hopeing your comments to help me.

I’ve just released plane stable 4.1.7. It will take up to a full day for this to appear in firmware downloads (our firmware build server is heavily loaded at the moment).
This is a minor release with some important bug fixes and a couple of
new features:

• avoid all opening of log files in main thread
  • support Benewake CAN Lidars
  • improved VTOL navigation shaping code
  • Compass custom orientation is never overwritten during calibration
  • EKF logging gaps fixed (some messages were occasionally being skipped)
  • IMU logging fix for IREG message (records IMU register changes)
  • SERVOx_FUNCTION protection to avoid memory overwrite if set too high
  • FTP parameter download fix

Happy flying!

4 Likes

If Q_RTL_MODE = 1 the plane will transition to QRTL if distance to home is less than RTL_RADIUS - the case you described.

From my experience this situation is best handled using Q_RTL_MODE = 0.

This requires to use DO_LAND_START in your flight plan, but gives most consistent behaviour.
You can “force” the presence of DO_LAND_START event in flight plan by enabling appropriate bit in ARMING_MIS_ITEMS parameter.

1 Like

Hi,
I have question related to position control via L1 controller.
I have seen this in plane documentation:

• the L1 controller converts a origin and destination (each expressed as a latitude, longitude) into a lateral acceleration to make the vehicle travel horizontally along the path from the origin to the destination.

As I understood the L1 controls the vehicle travel horizontally. Is it possible to change/tune it to be able control vertically as well?

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion and I just tried that out and working well when I set Q_RTL_MODE= 0 ,always follow DO_LAND _START regardless of RTL and WP_LOIT_RAdIUS.

I have set RTL_ radius = 80m, Q_RTL_MODE =1 and WP_LOIT_RADIUS = 200m.

With above set-up test definitely RTL should follow the DO_ LAND _ START command as RTL radius is less than WP_LOIT_RADIUS. so there is no chance of direct QRTL.

second test i have setup RTL_ Radius =0 and Q_RTL_MODE =1 and WP_LOIT_RADiUS = 100m.

With above set-up RTL command directly executed QRTL while loiter over the home point.

Set WP_LOIT_RADIUS to 150 again same result QRTL instead of Follow DO_LAND _ START.

Next test set up WP_LOIT_ RADIUS 180m but this time when I gave RTL it’s start following the do land start command. Why this difference happened?

NOTE: all RTL given when loiter over the home point ( landing point).

Please I need clarification on this.

It seems there is now no Fence Breach message with 4.1.7. I get a “change mode to RTL”, but no message that says why. It was a fence breach, I know because I did it deliberately. Is this supposed to happen?

This is the data flash log: Dropbox - log_67_2022-3-3-17-19-04.bin - Simplify your life

This is the tlog. It includes several other flights (including an autotune), as well as the flight above which includes several deliberate fence breaches: Dropbox - 2022-03-03 17-38-19.tlog - Simplify your life

@tridge

Just upgraded a build from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7 and the VTX keeps getting put back into its restricted mode. If I pull the smart audio wire I can get the vtx unlocked and to any power. But if I return the wire it locks the vtx again and doesn’t respond to my power on a switch. I have the vtx options on unlocked and nothing was changed.

@Will_Fisher I’m not really an expert on the VTX logic changes. Maybe @andyp1per will have some suggestions?

Can you provide some more details on setup. I am not aware of any VTX changes between 4.1.6 and 4.1.7

The osd element is flashing 25mw and wont change even if the message scrolling past says something different.
18/03/2022 2:36:37 PM : VTX: F8 5880MHz, PWR: 25mW message keeps coming in MPlanner.
vtx = tbs unify pro hv
Settings

VTX_BAND 4
VTX_CHANNEL 6
VTX_ENABLE 1
VTX_FREQ 5880
VTX_MAX_POWER 800
VTX_OPTIONS 8
VTX_POWER 25
SERIAL5_BAUD 4
SERIAL5_OPTIONS 4
SERIAL5_PROTOCOL 37

RC9_OPTION 94

Arvo all
can some test this issue on 4.1.7 i have

I am trying to set a flight mode to RC13 = 107 that’s autotune for fixed wing on switch
it will not go into autotune
so i tried another mode RC13= 4 RTL and i tested it RC= 24 auto pilot on that switch works fine
and then i tested autotune as a flight mode works fine just will not work on a RCIN channel

this option doesn’t start AUTOTUNE as a flight mode, it enables the autotune functionality in other stabilize flight modes. For example, you can use it in LOITER, AUTO or CRUISE modes. Once it is started you then use stick mixing (enabled with STICK_MIXING=1) to give the necessary disturbances to allow autotune to operate.

2 Likes