Pixhawk v5+ flight controller automatic disconnecting

Dears,
I would like to ask for your kind support in connecting pixhawk v5+ to mission planner. The problem is
while i am connecting the fc to my laptop its automatically disconnecting by itself, again and again its repeating. i need your kind support in achieving this goal.

Thank you very much in advance!
Regards,

ZEDLAS YULE TRISTER

Try these:

1. is it a USB power problem - LEDs on the flight controller? is it resetting? Good cable?
  2. temporarily disconnect all accessories from the flight controller, so it is JUST the flight controller by itself
  3. try a computer that’s never had MissionPlanner before

no shawn its not the usb problem and its a good cable and also tried different computers, nothing is changed
first, i connected the usb cable to my laptop and connected to the fc. few seconds a basic musical tone beeps for connection then after few seconds its disconnecting by itself. shawn i think the problem is with flight controller actually its not rebooting also
if iam pressing the bto button, few seconds it should started rebooting but more than 10 to 15 seconds there is no reaction

Be aware that during boot up the flight controller will show as a “bootloader” then that will disappear and the normal flight controller mavlink interface should appear.

Connect the flight controller, then send a screen shot of you connection settings in MissionPlanner

and a screenshot of the Windows Device Manager ports section:

hey shawn i attached the google drive link for com ports clarifications

Disconnect the GPS unit in case there’s something wrong with it, it is not needed just to boot up and work.
Try reseating the flight controller to the carrier board if you havent already.
I’d probably try updating the bootloader, or doing a plane or copter firmware update as soon as it first connects.

okay i’ll disconnect the gps unit in the case and shawn can you tell me the proper way to reset the flight controller, whereas if i reset the fc will the entire thing will be lost

Do you mean there are parameters you wish to preserve?
You can eject the SD Card and copy off the .bin logs of the last flights - they contain all the parameters and more.
Reset can be done by “reset to defaults” in the full parameter list, or by loading Plane firmware instead of Copter, then load Copter again (or the reverse, depends which firmware you had on before)

haa yes shawn iam talking about the parameters, and okay i’ll do

@ZYT19 Is this a cuav v5+ board? If so please use the power monitor to power the autopilot. Another possibility is that the BTO button is pressed by the shell.

Yes that is v5+. Can you able to tell the proper way to use the bto button present in v5+

Then why its disconnecting by itself

There are two possibilities. First, the USB cannot provide sufficient power to the autopilot. Second, the bto button is pressed (maybe the case is stuck on it), in this case you can remove the core and reinstall it.

definitely usb is not a issue i’ve checked with many new usb cables but the problem is same.
second i dont know how to use the bto button properly. could you please explain the proper way to use the bto button.

This is not a usb cable issue, please use a power monitor to connect the battery to power the autopilot. The BTO button is very simple to use. You only need to use a needle to pass through the BTO hole. It is used to enter the DFU mode of STM32.

1. is the power supply from the usb cable connected to the laptop isnt sufficient for the autopilot to enter the dfu mode of stm32 ?
  2. if i connect the battery to the power module to power the autopilot then if i use the bto button, the problem is solved?

You just need to connect the battery to the power monitor and then to the autopilot. When this is done, please let me know if it works properly.

Sorry for the delay,
I connected the battery to the power monitor to power the autopilot, there is no issue as the power is flowing to the autopilot but the main problem isn’t fixed(disconnection by itself). I’ve used the BTO button also but again its disconnecting by itself.

Does the autopilot keep restarting repeatedly when using the power monitor?Or GCS is disconnected repeatedly?