Pixhawk disarms after few secs: arms - motor runs - disarms

Greetings,

I have a pixhawk 2.4.8 with pixhawk 1 firmware. When I arm the Pixhawk from the transmitter or from mission planner, the motors run for about 10 seconds and stop. Pixhawk then is disarmed. I am able to use the throttle to control speed during the 10 seconds, but not stop the motors. The esc is calibrated manually. No other errors, pre arms ok.

Would much appreciate assistance!

Kind regards…

If it’s sitting on the bench use Mission Planners Motor Test to run the motors.

if not esc BL32 bit you can try a radio esc calibration,

Greetings Dave. Much appreciate the response back. It works fine with Mission Planners motor test - individually and as a set. Kind regards…

OK, then is there a problem?

So a bit odd. Checks out with motor test, arming with mission planner, transmitter and drone kit/python. And, in each case, the motors stop after 10 secs and pixhawk disarms. My goal is to control this from drone kit, which means I can’t use a while true loop on an armed status and provide channel overrides. It just disarms after 10 secs. I wonder if there is a disarm timer setting I could modify.

Deeply thankful for the followup! Kind regards…

Well yea, there is a disarm_delay parameter. But it won’t disarm if it’s flying so not sure if there is any problem.

Thanks so much! Will check this out and get back. Kind regards…

Greetings Dave, the disarm_delay parameter worked perfect! Made it 60 secs. And changed my override command as well - addressed each channel vehicle.channels.overrides = pwm. And these did it. Now have perfect input control. Must say a lot to learn and we have a great community! Kind regards…