Pixhawk & Analog Airspeed sensor

Hello,

I’m helping someone install an analog airspeed sensor with the pixhawk, the wiki says:
The “airspeed” pin 15 is located on a 3 pin DF13 connector on the Pixhawk board.
This pin can take voltages up to 6.6V (it has an internal voltage divider).

The analog airspeed sensor does not have a DF13 connector, but instead a servo cable. So - the only way to connect the analog sensor is to butcher a DF13 cable and splice it to the servo cable? that seems odd! No way to connect the sensor to one of the normal servo style connectors on the pixhawk?

Thanks!

[quote=“raphh”]Hello,

I’m helping someone install an analog airspeed sensor with the pixhawk, the wiki says:
The “airspeed” pin 15 is located on a 3 pin DF13 connector on the Pixhawk board.
This pin can take voltages up to 6.6V (it has an internal voltage divider).

The analog airspeed sensor does not have a DF13 connector, but instead a servo cable. So - the only way to connect the analog sensor is to butcher a DF13 cable and splice it to the servo cable? that seems odd! No way to connect the sensor to one of the normal servo style connectors on the pixhawk?

Thanks![/quote]

Those old analog sensors were designed for the APM 1.0 and 2.0. They were not very good, had lots of noise and temperature drift. I would recommend upgrading to digital. You can use the same airspeed probe.

If you really want to use it with a Pixhawk you will have to make a custom cable. Just replace the entire cable and solder the new cable to the airspeed circuit board. I have never seen anyone do that but theoretically it should work.

thanks!

Would be nice if that information was listed in the wiki - ie: analog sensor not recommended with the pixhawk :confused:

I still use the analog sensors and find they work very well. I have used both and really don’t notice a difference in the logs.