Pixhawk 2.4.8 and ELRS and telemetry

Hello all , I am new to the RC drones hobby and all ,
I am planning to make a drone and have Pixhawk 2.4.8 version ,
now I am planning to buy RC transmitter with ELRS and have decided to use TX12 Mark II Radio Controller (with ELRS, Mode 2 , FCC region) , what I didn’t know then was , I won’t be getting a receiver along with the transmitter . Please suggest me some receiver , and also could you guys suggest me some telemetry and do I actually require it ?
and just to clarify this isn’t an FPV drone

This all depends on what you want to do.

Long range / Small build?
basic telemetry on TX / Full telemetry on Missionplanner GCS?

I am very happy with the BetaFPV SuperD receivers.
For Telemetry i use a seperate additional ELRS system with Airport mode (slow but nice range). And for close range settings and checks an ESP32 board with dronebridge software. (very fast but range problems)

Ready to Sky Q450 Quadcopter Frame – PCB Version Frame Kit with Integrated PCB is my frame ,
2212 920KV Brushless DC Motor for DJI Silver Cap (CCW Motor Rotation)and
DJI 2212 920KV Brushless DC Motor for Drone with Black Cap (CW Motor Rotation) are my motors
SimonK 30A BLDC ESC Electronic Speed Controller with Connectors are the ESC’s I am using.
SKYCELL 11.1V 3S 2200MAH 25C (LIPO) LITHIUM POLYMER RECHARGEABLE BATTERY is the battery I am using.

My plans on it (as of now) are to first make it fly with remote and Mission Planner configurations and all. Once that’s successful try Loiter mode, Geo fence and such followed by that control it with Raspberry Pi.

As far as I understood , I can fly drone without GPS too , though not advisable. So once I was able to fly it normally with my RC then I was planning to buy telemetry and such for all the future projects.

Apologies for my bad English , it’s not my main language , but I hope that my got conveyed.

And trying to answer some specific questions asked. I am trying build a medium - long range build , partly the reason is most of these flights are done in our University grounds where we have Wi-fi and other communications which I think might cause interference (wi-fi runs in 2.4GHz and 5Ghz). So better range== stronger signal.

And for Telemetry I thought of purchasing Holybro SiK Telemetry Radio V3 500mW 433 MHz .

I am not actually sure which is better better for my use case. I would be happy if I could be suggested what is better and provided a link for both the cases (i.e Basic and full telemetry)

ok. this is no micro drone. So i would recommend a standard UART ELRS receiver. For long range, diversity is helpful. Like the SuperD receiver i mentioned.

I always had GPS, so i can’t comment on starting without.

The TX Telemetry (Yapuu LUA script on your TX12) is very simple, but you can’t control the autopilot config/mode/connect to MP…
If you want communication with a RPi companion computer, this is probably not yet possible with ELRS Telemetry over the TX. At least not without coding.

There are several long range telemetry solutions.
But if your budget is small, you could start with the ESP32 dronebridge solution with very limited range. (10-100 meters)
There are a lot of Sik radios in the 400/900MHz band, but my results are not too good with them. (very limiting EU regulations though!)
ELRS Airport works well but has a maximum of ~19kbaud. Not faster than my previous 400MHz links, but much more reliable and better range. (several km)
Have a look at 5G adapters via the companion computer.

Yes @c.rieger you are correct about that . Once the drone properly flies with RC , then I am going to make a master slave connection between Raspberry Pi and Pixhawk through UART . Like this.

Yes I got myself 2 GPS ( one 7M) and another REES52-M8N module, the latter might take a few days while to reach me .

This is a project funded by my University , so I don’t think there will be a problem as long as it might not become too huge.

If you are sure that this will work with Pixhawk 2.4.8 and mission planner(like I don’t actually know if it works with mission planner I haven’t used any of them before) can you please provide me the link of that.

and would this cause any interference with the master and slave model I am trying ? because , of my understanding of the video, we disable the Bluetooth module on the raspberry pi as it uses UART and then use that UART to make Pixhawk and raspberry pi communicate.

I don’t think budget will be a huge problem as long as I can justify their use and significance to the project to the Department in my University.

much appreciate if you could suggest me something along with telling me why is that selected? Thanks a lot