Pixhawk 1 and Pixhawk 2.1 flight controller compatibility

Hello,
for a selfmade student project of a UAV Plane I got the latest version of the Here+ 3 GPS to get accurate position data. The actual issue now is the non compatibility of the new gps with the Pixhawk 1 (different connector plugs) why i got a 2.1 orange cube for that. But with the change of the Pixhawk model the plug layout on the flight controller changed. That means I can fit the new GPS on the new pixhawk but for instance the telemetry one wouldnt fit because it goes in the pixhawk 1. (I made a side by side picture to see the difference, because the cables coming from the plane dont fit in the Pixhawk 2.1)

Question: Is it possible to use converter cables (if available) to get the cables physically connected to the new pixhawk ? What is about communication problems when the cables are physically connected , is the later version of the pixhawk using same architecture and protocoll or is the whole idea not working that way ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards
Yannick

Use the newer cables and connectors that came with the Cube, they are much more reliable.
And connect the “other” end to your external devices, like telemetry radio, using the devices existing connector by cutting and neatly soldering the wires, use heatshrink.
There’s plenty of pinout diagrams around - verify your wiring, especially your +5v and GND before powering everything up.

4 Likes