Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

I had this when i was using 1/32 ratio at 100hz, when i went to 1/2 ratio it fixed it.

1 Like

I updated everything. I can see sensors on the telemetry page so I think it means passthrough is working.
I don’t now why but I still have the NoTelemetry red banner. I can only see current and orientation on the yaapu layout.

I run 1/4 ratio on ELRS. Painless360 recommendation go with “Std” doesn’t work for me, I get “NO TELEMETRY” (in Red) unless I reduce the ratio explicitly.

1 Like

I’ve had success at 1:2 through 1:8. Beyond that has been unreliable or unworkable.

1 Like

Did you guys read my notes about the telemetry ratio, it’s in the official wiki

1 Like

Hi Alex, yes i must have read it ten times atleast. I pondered for a long time as to what “higher” means with regard to the telemetry rate where you mention a minimum (or is it maximum) of 25 of 50 depending on version. I couldn’t seem to get it straight if you mean it can’t proccess data any slower than this limit or faster than the limit, and all the examples in the table were of the same limit value per version.

I also spent hours trying to work out how to enable crsf on a q7 based install when it didn’t appear obvious how to open the config screen and the instructions around opening it in the tools menu dont apply and i couldn’t see the config.lua in the sd card files at all on the taranis files github section.

Yaapu is working slow with Crsf system. How can i make it faster? data comes late to transmitter screen.

Change your telem ratio, try 100hz 1:2

where i must change this?

Ah sorry am talking about elrs which also uses crsf prot. Im not sure if tbs crossfire has the same issues and settings

That’s very helpful but needs to be updated for ELRS 3. I’m using 333 Hz “Full” on my fixed wings because I want the best possible resolution on 12 channels.

Hi, ELRS v3 should be no different, check your telemetry ratio and make sure your telemetry “speed” is >= 25. So if your RC rate is 333 Hz select a ratio of 1:8.
For instance 1:16 would be no good for 333 : 16 = 20 which is lower than 25, 1:8 is pretty good and should give you smooth telemetry

TBS crossfire has issues when switching (automatically) to low telemetry rates (RF Mode 1), this could happen on the bench with tx and rx very close or in the air triggered by distance.
As far as I know this does not apply to 2.4Ghz units (I do not own one).
To debug your issue you can use TBS agent and force the telemetry speed to a high rate

So it means it needs an update rate of atleast 25 (or50) hz for the telemetry. Great, so too slow is a problem not too fast. I was never sure which way from your wiki. Thanks for the clarification and again, great work. Yaapu is so effective and adds so much meaningful functionality to the transmitter.

Also Alex, if one was looking for maximum reliability without being at all concerned about latency, what baud rates and indeed telemetry rates should be selected to limit the demand on the link as much as possible to allow long range and reliability?

Doesn’t happen with 2.4Ghz because the mode is fixed

1 Like

I’m having trouble with the map zooming, it just won’t work for me. I tried both channels 31 + 32, a 3-position switch is set and its output correct. Map tiles for -2, -1 and 0 are present. Yet the zoom always remains at -2.

I wonder if it could have something to do with the fact that I have two entries in Telemetry: Not only “Yaapu Config” but also “Yaapu Maps”. While “Yaapu Config” shows the latest Yaapu script version number, “Yaapu Maps” shows “1.8.1g-dev”. Both seem to overlap in functionality - I always set the same zoom channel in both.

I had this problem. Can’t remember what I did to fix it but it was definitely a setup issue

1 Like

Actually I think the zoom never worked for me - even when I set this up for the first time 2 years ago. But I kind of forgot about since I never needed the map to locate a lost craft, and normally I’m wearing FPV goggles. Now I finally wanted to get it working.

As for setup, there is not much that could be wrong? Once the tiles are there (they should be), it’s just about setting the channel and a source for it.

Do you also have that extra entry for Yaapu Maps config with an older version number than the main script?

Thanks!