Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

also check the mission planner logs for CRSF related messages, unless you disabled the CRSF rate logging you should see rate transitions

Thanks for suggestion. I will but only at next flight as for now my FC does not saved any logs due to a bad SD.

Currently 2.6…as i had issues on 2.7.1 where TBS agent lite has conflict with other luas running at background in the same time and using also crfs telemetry data.
So TBS agent lite lua does not work well (became extremly slow) on 2.7 when im using Yaapu or other script with crfs.

Thanks for this information …it can be the reason as crsf likes to use 50hz or lower at long range on dymamic mode

OK thanks. I asked because 2.8.0 is supposed to fix this. After trying it I would say some effort was applied but it’s not yet fixed. Still in Rc release though.
It gets practically no attention from the Edgetx devs.

Yep. Still an open issue here…it would be an important fix as a lot of people using Edgtx and TBS agent lite with crsf luas…i think

Right. I guess we must be a corner case here because the issue has been posted as a PR on Github, Edgetx Discord chan and on one of the Dev’s RCG threads and in most cases not even an acknowledgment it exists.

1 Like

What is the recommended settings for arduplane in case crsf passthrough telemetry if i use the following HW:
-Radio: Radiomaster TC16S +TBS crossfire micro TX, with yaapu script 1.96dev
-FC: Matek F405 wing with 4.4dev arduplane custom build

My latest setting for UART 1 where my reciver connected:
Serial Protocol: 23
Serial Baud: 236K (instead of 115)
Serial option: 0

Can i use 236k for serial baud or higher 400k or it does not have any impact on telemetry efficiency? Or should I go back to 115k?
I ve tried this because i ve read Alex’ previous post that F405 wing can work 400k on UART 1.
I ve also incresed the serial baud on TX16S to 400k for external modul, but i dont know if it has any effect for ardupilot settings and for the stability of the telemetry.

It will only work at 416k and is set automatically

Thank you. So it does not matter what baud rate i select for SERIAL1 BAUD in mission palnner for UART1 it will choose automatically 400k?

It will if you use CRSF

I seem to have telemetry, the big red “no telemetry data” dialog has gone away, but Yaapu is telling me “no GPS” even though you can see right there on the screen that it is displaying a lat/long and the OpenTX telemetry screen says I have 17 satellites. Running 250Hz at 1:2.

screen-2022-11-10-115450

Here’s the telemetry on the radio:
screen-2022-11-10-120856
screen-2022-11-10-120904

Make sure you enable CRSF support in the Yaapu config script.

Thanks Yuri - that was it!.

This transmitter already works with Yaapu on my Binary (Zealot H743), so it was already setup/enabled/working, I have no idea how the CRSF option got switched to “no”???

FYI this is a new build on a T1 Ranger VTOL with Adept F407.

1 Like

New models each get their own config file.

1 Like

Oh I did not know that! That is awesome, but at the same time confusing since you configure it under “System” not “Model”.

1 Like

It’s really handy, you can customize the all the settings like battery warning, etc for each model. But I agree it’s odd given where it’s stored. It confused me for a while till I realized what was going on.

1 Like

Anyone experienced this issue when enabling CRSF in the Yaapu config menu: “Syntax error modelname.cfg Success” ?

Could use some advice as it doesn’t save and so can’t get CRSF enabled
Radio: Radiomaster Zorro running EdgeTX 2.8.0 and Yaapu 2.0.0-dev

The problem is not on the plane side as Yaapu telemetry works fine on a TX16S running OpenTX and CRSF

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I can’t reproduce it, can you try to delete the GOBLIN.cfg file and start from scratch?

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Thanks for looking into it!

Just created a fresh new Model and exactly the same thing happens “Syntax error TEST.cfg Success”
Should I start over and reinstall edgeTX + Yaapu ?