Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

No support for CRSF in 4.0.x - you must use 4.1-dev if you want this support

Ok thanks. I am a bit nervous to test a dev version on an 18" 20kg build.
Is there any version recommendable?

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate the work of this community!

I experienced same unusable download parameters. Seems like the TBS Crossfire Mavlink option is less than mature, sadly. I opened ticket to TBS months ago. They said their engineer will take a look. But never heard back. I moved to use dragonlink for telemetry.

1 Like

Iā€™ve submitted PRs to add RADIO_STATUS flow control for bulk parameter download for both Ardupilot and PX4. Both have been merged, but are not yet in stable releases. This improves parameter download speed and reliability and makes some crossfire firmware versions more usable via Bluetooth.

Iā€™ve also been working with one of the TBS crossfire developers for the past 10 weeks, testing MAVLink on alpha and developer test releases and providing detailed feedback on whatā€™s broken. Progress has been frustratingly slow and is currently stalled on their end. An alpha test version is working reasonably well, even via WiFi (version 1.42), though there are some minor problems because the radio is still implementing itā€™s own per-message type flow rate policy instead of allowing the GCS and FC to determine flow rates based on RADIO_STATUS flow control as it should. Hopefully, the developer will get back to this work soon. Perhaps if more people pester them about itā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear. Iā€™ve been on the fence about my purchase of the CRSF system since itā€™s current Mavlink support has been somewhat overstated.

Whatā€™s the most effective way to pester TBS about this? Iā€™ll throw my name in the hat as a disappointed customer.

My successful setup on Racerstar Nano Wing
Still using arduplane 4.10.0 dev (Donā€™t know if new stable ver work or not)
my Zohd Drift have tight space really hard to pull out the USB port =( lazy to install stable ver

Crossfire Lite ver 4.0.8 (i have try 4.10 not work)
Pin 1 CrsfTX
Pin 2 CrsfRX
Pin 4 Smart Port

Mavlink
Serial4_Baud = 57
Serial4_Protocol = 23
Rc_options = 256

My question After i connect to smart port the mission planner & Yappu detect my VTX setting that means can we change our value using fc?

Hello Allister, I have very similar setup as you, only Matek is F765. TBS WiFi ver.1.41. Channel 1&2 (CRSF) connected to Serial 1, channel 3&4 (Mavlink) to Serial 2, where previously was attached the WiFi module ESP8266. The RC control and Yaapu script are working well, but even if at MavIink 2 on Serial 2, the parameters loading in MissionPlanner is terrible slow. I asked by TBS and they told me they are working on it :grinning:

2 Likes

Can please somebody help with this issue: I do not understand, why am I still getting 100% LQ in MP and OSD, even if I turn off the radio. Currently I am using ver. 4.1.0 in F765. Is it some bug in the FW?

dont used New TBS 4.1 used 4.0.8
and used Arducopter firmware from alex

Thank you, thank you, thankyou!

Make sure you catch the post further down. I ended up switching the ports back around.

Hello,

I am not able to get yaapu telemetry data on jumper t16, getting red box with ā€œno telemetry dataā€ message. I am able to control the quad and Jumper is able to discover 26 sensors from FC.

My setup includes holybro pixhawk 4 , tbs crossfire micro with mavlink rx and tx on channel 1 and 2 contected to FC on tel 1 port ( SERIAL1_PROTOCOL= 1 AND SERIAL 1_BUD=57)

Using Yaapu Telemetry v 1.9.0b_0.7

(I have allready tired CRSF_TX and CRSF_RX , SERIALn_PROTOCOL = 23 (RCIn)

Thank You

Hi,
you need latest ArduPilot versions, stable does not have custom CRSF telemetry support, that would be version 4.1-dev.
You need to use CRSF protocol for RCIN (SERIAL_PROTOCOL=23) and enable custom CRSF telemetry with RC_OPTIONS+=256 (add 256 to your current RC_OPTIONS value), also use latest yaapu widgets/script from github

1 Like

@yaapu, Iā€™ve noticed when using the beta version of the Yaapu script with non-CRSF receivers I seem to be getting this random ā€œNo RC Receiverā€ warning. No issues with the telemetry Iā€™ve noticed, and it certainly isnā€™t going into failsafe. Other than the buzzer sound and the warming message, everything else works fine. It seems to be random in how often it comes up, and distance doesnā€™t seem to change that. One 15 minute flight on a wing using a Jumper R9 receiver and I had 15+ warnings (nothing in the flight log). The next flight with the same plane at the same location an hour later gave me only 1 or 2 warnings.

I havenā€™t noticed the issue when using CRSF.

Hi, thatā€™s ardupilot, my script is just showing an incoming alert from the flight controller, not sure why ardupilot toggles the NO RC Receiver bitmask https://mavlink.io/en/messages/common.html#MAV_SYS_STATUS_SENSOR

Thanks for the quick response!

Thatā€™s interesting. Now Iā€™ll have to do some more digging. When it happens thereā€™s not so much as a twitch in the plane or the flight controls, and thereā€™s no other warnings Iā€™ve noticed. I know my failsafes work and they arenā€™t being triggered. Thanks!

Thank You!!! Alex

I got everything working smoothly , ā€œJumper t16 , Pixhawk 4 , TBS crossfire and Yaapu widgetā€

1 Like

Hello Alex
Firstly would like to thank you for the awesome work Hats off .
I just had a query is is possible to have both the lua Scripts i mean Yaapu for FrSky and Yaapu for Crossfire on the system ?
i use both the Modules on the same TX for different models but when i try that one of the script overwrites the other .
Is it possible ?
Am not able to get Crossfire work .
Help would really be a favor

regards

Question.
Arduplane and ArduCopter 4.1.0dev
Serial option 0
Serial 23
Rc options 256
With TBS tracer.

pixhawk1 works with yaapu full telemetry serial 1

Matek F765wing ports 1, 6 donā€™t work, all good on port 3

Kakute F7 1.5 canā€™t get it to work. Tried ports 6, 7 and 1 so far.

But why, whatā€™s the difference with the ports?

The difference is almost certainly whether the ports support DMA or not. On the Kakute F7 it looks like the only ports that support full DMA are 2 & 3.