Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

…my fault, please donwload again :frowning:

No worries. Is there a file difference or is it just a label?

Edit: Just did the update. Now it says Beta4. Thanks.

And then this happened:

I’ve been trying to start the Crossfire configuration. It looks like I can get in to XF Micro TX, but any of the other options (Wifi or Nano) it seems to glitch and then I end up at the screen in the photo.

Edit 2: :frowning_face:

The script crashed again on me. Same message as the last time about CPU limit. I had just turned on the radio and was powering up the quad. MAV over UDP was not turned on, and I hadn’t connected anything to the TBS wifi (but that’s not to say it hadn’t connected to my home’s wifi).

ok, for some reason you must have corrupted CRSF telemetry packets, crossfire lua crashing and my widget crashing point into that direction…
My wild guess is a corrupted packet is making my widget loop thru a too long cycle… I have a couple of ideas to prevent that but in the end you sure have a telemetry issue unrelated to my widgets

Hi,

Can you compile your branch for a Fmuv5 ?

Thanks, Christophe.

please see the above post

1 Like

I was thinking this was more on the crossfire side than anything else. I’m running Crossfire 4.10. Do you think it’s worth downgrading to 4.08? I totally get this isn’t an issue with your software, but do you have any suggestions of things I can look at to try and fix it?

@yaapu I have this working with a TX16S and a Matek H743-SLIM. I have my UART set to “RCIN” protocol and the proper buts set for RC_OPTIONS. My question is then what is serial protocol “CRSF” for? How does that one differ from this way of setting things up? Thanks.

1 Like

That’s a telemetry only protocol without RClN for devices talking CRSF like VTXs

I figure this might be the best place to ask, there is this new lrs called expressLRS that uses crossfire protocol. Would that work with your lua? Expresslrs is a little new and doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but it’s in active development and new features are added all the time. I think full telemetry has just been added or is being added soon. Would this system work with ardupilot?

that makes sense. i now have my second craft using this.

1 Like

Hi, I’m afraid it will not work, the telemetry PR only supports a subset of the CRSF telemetry packets while passthrough over crossfire requires support for custom frames, perhaps in the future

CRSf requires a uart that supports DMA, unfortunately on your 405STD board only uart1 (serial3) supports DMA , you should really try to make it work with CRSF on TX3/RX3 and mavlink on another one, not sure if mavink is playing a role here and contributing to frames corruption, did you try without it?

Strange. That’s where I started was with CRSF on TX/RX3 and I couldn’t get the Yaapu script to work until I moved it to TX/RX4.

It should just be a software change so I’ll give it a shot next time I’m working on it. Thanks!

F4’s are running out of gas…

This was supposed to be a “for fun/Junk drawer” kind of build. But for the amount of fight it’s giving me… I’m running out of gas.

Thank you for the reply

Thank you for your help.

So I switched back to CRSF on TX3/RX3, and MAVLink on TX4/RX4. Everything is working. The parameter download to Mission Planner is still glacial but everything else seems to move along fine. I’m perplexed because it would not work in this configuration when I first started but now it seems fine. Either way, I’ll take it. I have noticed no script crashes or any other issues.

A side note: I did try to connect QGC on an iPad and it seemed to download parameters far less slowly. Does that give anyone a hint as to the problem with connecting Mission Planner?

1 Like

Hello!
Seems it works well on Matek f405 wse board.
Is it possible to have mavlink both sides and crsf telemetry?
Thanks!

Hello folks,

first of all thanks a lot to Alex for his work!! Amazing!

I have wasted nearly two days and am probably too silly to get Yaapu Telemetry to work with an X9D+ / X9D+ 2019SE and CRSF.
I just need basic telemetry for a 18" X8.
I get control commands in mission planner Radio Calibration screen and can arm the copter.
Telemetry only shows 20 items, but only the first ten RX ones get updates.
The relevant ones like batt voltage etc. have no ID and no values.
Here is my hardware / software:

• X9D+ 2019 SE (latest firmware) and an older X9D+ with latest FW.
  • FrskyTelemetryScript-Taranis-1.9.1_beta2
  • Crossfire large TX module with Bluetooth and CRSF Micro TX
  • CRSF nano diversity RX and both with latest Firmware v4.1
  • Cube Orange with ArduCopter v 4.07

I have connected the CRSF RX via TELEM 1 (SERIAL1) port (TX,RV,5V,GND), tried TELEM 2 (SERIAL2) as well.
I selected CRSF on the X9D+ with the micro TX on the very bottom of the telem setup.
With my prefered X9D+ 2019 SE and the large module I can’t find anything to enable CRSF.
The CRSF RX is set to MavTX and RX (crossed) at the appropriate channel.

• SERIAL1_BAUD: 57
  • SERIAL1_PROTOCOL: tried 1 and 23
  • RC_OPTIONS: tried the following 0, 256, 288

The only way I can get the relevant sensors is, when I connect the X9D+ and the CRSF Micro TX via UDP and Mission Planner on a laptop. Even then, the Yaapu Telem script doesn’t show any values. I can only get them on the discovery page.
It seems that Mavlink is not triggered through the script and only through MissionPlanner via WIFI.
There must be something I missed.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Geerd