Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

it should not lag at all, here is super smooth unless you get frequent switches between rf mode1/2

Hmmm not sure whatā€™s the issue then. Install seemed simple enough.

OK loaded fw 4.08 on TX and RX and it seems to be more responsive on the bench.

1 Like

ok good, keep us updated :slight_smile:

When I try to arm I see:

prearm ahrs ek3 sources require compass
Bad or No Terrain Data

Iā€™m using a BN-880 GPS with compass disabled. I am going to research but does anyone know of a quick fix?

There is a whole thread on this on discord. To start make sure that COMPASS_USE=0, if that does not work you will need to start setting EK3_SRC1_*

Hmm I figured it was something new in this fw. What discord are you referring to? I get my info from here mainly. COMPASS_USE was already set to 0 as all of my planes have compass disabled. Would love to see the info on EK3 since I am unfamiliar. Thanks

OK found the discordā€¦ researchingā€¦

OK @andyp1per I see your thread. Any harm in setting all EK3_SRC1_* to 0?

Edit: I think Iā€™m rolling back doesnā€™t seem mature enough yet without proper documentation. I can get to arm with EK3_SRC1 set to 3 but I have no clue if that is good or not. Iā€™ll be back when firmware is master :slight_smile: Thanks guys

If you have a baro then leave anything that defaults to baro alone

ok thanks for the tip, yes i have the 3/78 fw on TBS CF currently, i will flash the TBS module with the beta 4.x fw and update here.
rightnow waiting for my tx battery to finish charging

I can verify that I see the cell voltage go down and then reset back to 4.2 when it gets low enough.

Yes thatā€™s correct, but Iā€™m not feeding the air unit 6S, Iā€™m feeding it 12V, so Iā€™m not sure why it would say 25.5V all the time. Iā€™ll look in to that further just to see if I can determine what else could be going on.
I am realizing this ask is a bit off-topic for this thread, so perhaps Iā€™ll hit up the OSD channel in Discord.

@JoshW yes better head to the MSP thread.
25.5 fixed means youā€™re hitting DJI goggles hard limit on 6s packs

tried everything, last thing i had not tried was upgrading the TBS tx module fw to 4.08 and still it says no telemetry, i have the sensors and the flight modes are changing in MP as well but dont know what to do anymoreā€¦no mavlink connection, nothing else using uart1, all recommended settings, yet it says No telemetry

I also upgraded to 4.0.8 to try this and that version worked well. A couple of youtube channels (Bardwell, painless360) mention that TBS is very slow to call their versions stable, so the latest versions stay beta for a while, but that their released beta versions are indeed reliable. TBS may just be doing an excess of CYAā€¦

Where can I find the full description to set up MAVLINK + Crossfire? What I found so far has not been good, including the official TBS description.

Itā€™s very simple. Set your outputs properly on your rx then connect the proper leads from the RX to the FC. Configure FC for Mavlink on that UART.

1 Like

RX/TX conected, i have RC control via Mavlink. Serial 1 configured by the TBS manual. Unfortunately I donā€™t have telemetry. I canā€™t connect by the Mision Planer.

If you have control from your tx then it sounds like itā€™s setup properly. Getting the crossfire tx to connect to mission planner you will need to use either wifi or bluetooth. That for me has been hit and miss but more stable with the latest beta 4.0.8 fw.

I have two flight controllers, one is Mateksys H743-Wing and the other is Holybro Kakute F7 AIO. H743 can successfully set the parameters with the crossfire lua script, but the kakute f7 parameter list cannot be displayed. The crsf tx rx of the crossfire nano rx is connected to the uart1 tx rx of the kakute f7. The firmware version is KakuteF7_crsf_ver_0.9, please help, thanksļ¼