Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Hi, I’ve been lurking this thread for a while. I wasn’t sure if I could have RC over Mavlink and use this telemetry script. So if I’m following all of this correctly, I can do RC over Mavlink and telemetry over crossfire so that I can use the script? Also, am I correct to say this script is backwards compatible with the FrSky Telemetry script? I have some other models that do not use crossfire and are setup with the old script.

Thanks!

Hi, the use case is not clear to me, if you have the CRSF protocol enabled you also have SERIAL_PROTOCOL = 23 i.e RC (and telemetry) over CRSF, why would you use RC over mavlink?

I could very well be doing it wrong as I am new to crossfire. My use case is a little non standard I think:

I want to be able to take advantage of mavlink over wifi as seen here https://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-crossfire-mavlink-over-wifi.pdf.

So right now this is how I’m configured although the wifi on the crossfire module is not functioning due to some bug, I hope to use wifi once it is fixed. I sometimes use bluetooth to connect the crossfire module to my androind tablet for mavlink to QGroundControl.

So I’m not sure if I am setup as shown in the PDF above if I can use CRSF also? I am using a Nano RX diversity so I do have more outputs.

You cannot multiplex both regular CRSF telemetry and mavlink - its basically one or the other. If you use CRSF telemetry you can use MAVEmu but that probably isn’t of high enough fidelity for your use case.

You can’t use mavlink-over-CRSF and CRSF telemetry at the same time

Hi again,

What is this parameter name for the “mavlink rate” into ArduPilot ?

Thank you.

Thanks, that’s what I originally thought but recent messages had me fooled :slight_smile: I think I will eventually set this plane up for strictly CRSF and use the script. I’m waiting on the new DJI FPV v2 and then I will switch this plane over to CRSF since I wont really need mavlink over wifi when the plane will be mostly used for FPV. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for jumping in Andy, I’m not an expert on mavlink over crossfire

yeah, MSP cell count is calculated once assuming that the math is correct when cells are full.
The DJI own battery levels do not come from MSP telemetry, you mean the built in ones you can’t move around right?

no i am not using a tracer.
i have the Crossfire TX v 1.03 big one on 3.78 fw.
i am using the Taranis x9d+ 2019 model with opentx 2.3.10
and i am using the 0.9 version of your custom Arduplane fw with the 1.9.1 beta version of Yaapu script as you had recommended.

Disable mavlink on your RX

i already did that, mavlink is disabled as i thought it was some sort of bandwith issue but yet the problem persists

Also you are running the 3.x version of the TBS firmware - you need to upgrade to 4.x. I have the setup you are using and it works fine.

Got it running on Jumper T16 w/ OpenTX fw 2.3.11
Full Size Crossfire w/ fw 3.78
Nano Div RC w/ fw 3.78
Output7 - CRSF RX
Output8 - CRSF TX
I used these outputs because my jumper is already made up and I was using them for RC over Mavlink prior.

Matek F405 Wing
RC_OPTIONS = 256
SERIAL 5 (SERIAL 1 was locking up and lagging bad)
SERIAL5_BAUD = 57
SERIAL5_OPTIONS = 0
SERIAL5_PROTOCOL = 23

HUD still seems to lag once and a while sitting on the bench but not nearly as bas as when I was using SERIAL1.

Will be going to test fly shortly for sunrise

…that’s unexpected, on MatekF405-Wing serial1 is the only UART with dma for both TX and RX it should be the fastest uart, in my testing SERIAL5 works but not as fast

Hmmm maybe I will switch it back to serial1 again and see.

Did you try with the latest crossfire firmware or just with 3.78?

I’m just using 3.78. Is there a newer version, just not master?

mhmm I’m afraid they are betas, but since 4.06 it has support for custom ardupilot telemetry.
edit: >= 4.06 is not a requirement for my code adapts to older versions as well

I dont mind trying a beta on this plane, it’s a LOS plane. I switched back to serial1 and the HUD was freezing more frequently. I had the baud set to 115, tried dropping it to 57 with no change.