Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Hi,
I’m using the AP_MSP firmware in a pixhawk for displaying OSD in a DJI google - this works well. Is there a way to combine this with this CRSF telemetry function in one package to have also telemetrie data in my Horus?
Juergen

Hi, MSP support it’s already included in the crossfire builds since it’s in master right now

Hmm, when I change the firmware the OSD is not more working. You say, I can use for example serial_1 for MSP (OSD) and serial_2 for CRSF ?

Sorry for the delay, but I just set everything up on the bench and it all works! Will flight test tomorrow. Happiest of Holidays Alex, thanks so much for your dedication!

Hi Josh, that’s great thanks! Have some great Holidays yourself.

Which board are you using?

Pixhawk lite.
With your version msp_v07 it works, when I upgrade to v0.8 using the same settings, I have no more OSD.

latest is 0.9, and please update the widget too.
Edit: just realized your board has no built in OSD, requires a special build, which board?

try this one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19m6sR6UTQh_smY_1ipamBgKtCEB7am_t/view?usp=sharing

it works until version 0.7 - I just made a rollback,there I have OSD in the google. Upgrading to 0.8 or 0.9 no more OSD

Did you try the binaries I linked above?

yes, I tried v0.8 and v0.9

no, this one… https://drive.google.com/file/d/19m6sR6UTQh_smY_1ipamBgKtCEB7am_t/view?usp=sharing

No OSD with pixhawk_master, same settings as in v0.7. I think I roll back to v0.7 and waive of the OSD.
Nevertheless a great work, thank you.
Maybe I try it tomorrow with a fullsize pixhawk

Hey Alex… This seemed to perform well as far as I could tell, but I did notice that the DJI FPV telemetry froze sometimes, and I’m not sure if it was all elements or just parts, but my battery mah consumed and current were “frozen” in DJI but seemingly operable in the widget (I took the goggles off to check) and then when I put the goggles back on, they had caught up to what was on the radio. This happened two or three more times. This is all on a CubeOrange. Any chance this is related? Unfortunately it was also the first flight with this flight controller and having OSD configured, so I don’t know if the condition was present before testing this firmware.

can someone kindly post a wiring diagram, i am using the Crossfire system with the micro rx which has 4 channels, using it with a Matek f405 wing fc, currently wired as : Ch1 from the rx is going to the sbus connection, Ch 2 not wired, Ch3 is going to T1 on the fc and Ch4 connected to R1.
apologies in advance my first build with Crossfire and Ardupilot / Arduplane, only previous experience with using lua scripts has been mostly flying race quads using betaflight.

Are you using a TBS VTX as well or just the RX?

i have the eachine tx805 vtx

Ok in that case you should simply connect Ch1/Ch2 to RX/TX on a UART (I think I have them connected that way round) and then use AgentX to select CRSF TX/RX. CRSF is bidirectional so you need both directions connected. Then set protocol 23 on the UART and make sure it is not set on anything else. It looks to me like you should use BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1 on that board to turn the sbus pin into SERIAL7 (the pins are PA2 and PA3 on that board, so not sure what they translate to - maybe @hwurzburg knows).

to enable passthrough over crossfire also set RC_OPTIONS += 256 (set bit 8 to 1)

if BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1 then Serial 7 has R2 as RX and T2 as TX (SBUS pin is tied to R2 via an inverter)

1 Like