Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Hello guys
i am trying to get the passthrough telemetry to work over crossfire but for some reason i can’t get it working

what is am using
arducopter 4.0.5 orange cube
frsky x10s express
opentx 2.3.14
yaapu 1.9.5 dev
tbs crossfire version 4.11 and 6.00 tried both
tried Serial_protocol 23 and RC_options 8 and 255
also tried a lot of other things but can’t get it to work

through mavlink i receive some telemetry values in the telemetry tab but the yaapu script doesn’t reconize them

do any of you guys know what i am doing wrong?

ah Mark, never thought you were using copter 4.0.5, I assumed you were using at least a beta :frowning:
You need 4.1 betas or 4.2 dev versions for full CRSF support with passthrough

ahhh yes with the 4.1.0 beta it works

that was easy, sorry should have thought about it sooner!

It looks that Yaapu telemetry will work on ELRS - at least I was able to run it on bench with ELRS pull request 880
See https://github.com/ExpressLRS/ExpressLRS/pull/880#issuecomment-922209421

1 Like

Hi, I tested the PR as well down to 50:2 rates and as long as the telemetry rate is high enough (> 30Hz) it seems to work fine.
Right now there’s no way to detect ELRS but the author of the PR, which is also the author of the ELRS telemetry implementation, is working on adding device ping which will allow for such detection.
Since ELRS Air Modes are not CRSF RF Modes, I think we’ll have to add explicit ELRS support to ArduPilot, especially for low rates like 50:2 or 100:4, with a lot of bandwidth, like 500:2 we will hardly see any issues IMO.

Hi
Does it work on taranis x9d and r9m flashed with latest ELrs.?
I have 4.10 dev version ( i think it was installed at june this year… )on matek 405 wing. Or need any beta?
Also latest 1.9.5 yaapu beta installed on the radio crsf enabled.
Do i need anything to install to the FC or the radio to work? Thx

I don’t know if it works on x9d, but it probably should.
See first post here for required Ardupilot configuration (serial protocol, rc_options) and screenshots in ELRS pull request for ELRS configuration (you will need ExpressLRS-src/src/lua/x9d_212x64/TOOLS/elrsV2.lua for x9d), Yaapu configuration on TX side.
Also check https://www.expresslrs.org/2.0/quick-start/ardupilot-setup/

Please report if this works. I was not able to make it work on ELRS 1.0.1 and Ardupilot 4.10 Beta 6

Ok…thanks i hope i will not lost myself in the versions😉
So as i understand well…besides the basic serial setup…(23 protocol +256 value add to option …etc)i need a crsf version of yaapu script on the radio and i also had to upload MatekF405-Wing_crsf_ver_0.8.zip (apj file) to the FC.?
I dont know the 4.1.0 version number…i use it succesfuly for dji msp protocol…do i need a beta version of 4.1.0?

.I tried to run elrsv2 lua…but gives error message.
As i know there are no 2.0 elrs version yet for modules and receivers…i installed 1.10 lates on my r9m.
Is it an issue or i need to keep ELRS lua along with elrsv2 lua in the tools ditectory? I cannot find specific elrsv2 lua file taranis x9d? Pls help

Well, It’s not working with ELRS 1.0.1 - you need to build ELRS firmware from master including those PR commits - it’s probably version 2.x.

try to download raw file - it looks like HTML file you have in radio :slight_smile:

you need to build a test/experimental version of ELRS, this dev branch

Note: please do not ask for help about bulding and flashing ELRS here because is off topic :slight_smile:

Once you flashed this ELRS dev version select a high telemetry rate of at least 50Hz (i.e 100:2, 200:4,200:2, etc).

Download my latest widget https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript/archive/refs/heads/dev.zip
Flash ardupilot 4.1 or 4.2

This works on all OpenTX supported radios (ELRS requires OpenTX 2.3.12)

2 Likes

Thanks Alex! It was big push for me in the solution.
Now it works with ELRS and your script together as it should!
The only issues i ve got some telemetry lost/recovered warning…depends on the refresh rate i ve setup 200hz…and 1:4 seems good but not perfect…so i change the Baud of x9d from 400k to 115k…it solved this issue but …now if start the elrs lua…i ve “not enough memory or script panic” messages…and i had to power cycle the radio to make yaapu or any other script work again.
Any suggestion what scripts can i delete to solve this issue…i have copied model also selected yaapu script for my frsky modules…maybe they run in the same time at the background?
Sorry if this also offtopic.
And thanks again for your great help! Im happy as it working again now with my elrs setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, go into the config menu of my script, select “min” for right and center panels and power cycle your radio.
Min panels use less memory and on older X9D ( not 2019) memory is simply too tight.

Yep…i realised it…sorry for newbie things😀…now its working thanks for your advice!

Hi.
Thanks for your reply again. I set up min values for that panels. It s better now but randomly still got errors.
If i start yaapu first it works well…but after i start elrsv2.lua than i received not enough memory error or syntax error nil value messages.
After this error message comes when i starting elrsv2 lua…i can go back and start the yaapu without any issue (and without restart the radio)…so it seems now the elrsv2 lua has memory issues with the radio.
Is it possible to delete some other scripts.(e.g stats, PP, yaapu or other debugs etc??) to free up some memory…but i dont know which starts parallel in the background with yaapu…i post here my taranis display screenshots

Also i cant see rssi in % or link quality…only R:100/3

Hi, as I already said memory on X9D is tight, unfortunately you’ll have to deal with it, I can’t do much :frowning:

Ok…not big issue…now i know how to handle…as i dont need to change between Elrs lua and yaapu in midflight…and if dont start other script before yaapu…it works as it should👍
My only issue remain to see the rssi or the LQ as i wrote in the other thread where you already replied👍
Thanks again

1 Like