OneShot, DShot, Normal ? - for Tiger Flame ESC with Pixhawk Orange Cube

I just purchased Industrial ESCs - Tiger Flame 80A ESC.

A couple of questions:

Do these get wired to the Main or Aux ports on the Pixhawk 2.1 Cube Orange?

What output PWM type (MOT_PWM_TYPE) should I be using? OneShot, DShot, Brushed, Normal?

What are the extra wires on the ESC for – see pic below?

My Build
Frame. Tarot X6
FC Pixhawk 2.1 Cube - Orange
ESC Tiger Motor Flame 80A Industrial
Motors U7 420kv
Battery: Tattu 17000mAh 22.8V 6s 15C Lipo Battery

For oneshot and PWM you can connect them to the standard m1-8 motor ports. If you want to use Dshot you will need to remap the motors in Mission planner and use aux 1-6. The cube orange only supports a max of 6 motors using Dshot.

Do those ESCs have a BEC? If so that is your red wire, which is prob not needed.

I couldn’t find the firmware being used by those ESCs, so not sure what the yellow wire is for

Dave,

The ESCs do not have a BEC according to the documentation. And I’m not really sure what a BEC is or does.

I have the motor ports set up running PWM. The HEX is a little jittery when hovering. Do you think that oneShot will make it perform better?

I made it about half way through AutoTune last night and then had to cancel because of too much wind.

Dave,

Do you do any paid consulting gigs?

My preference is in order:

Dshot
Oneshot
PWM

Cool - so far the only thing that I can get the ESCs to respond to is PWM.

The documentation for those ESC’s is terrible for what they cost. From what I can gather PWM is your only choice And that yellow wire could be for an ESC programming “card” but there is no information for that either.

Also, on the ESC calibration. The documentation says:

Throttle Calibration
Mid Timiing
High Timing

But no explanation as to why I might pick one or the other.

No only is it terrible - its wrong!

I scoured like 4 or 5 websites trying to find something of value… yeah the docs on the ESCs are terrible

Right. GetFPV sells them. If I bought from there I would just call them up.

In the past I have seen some ESCs with an extra wire for RPM data output. Don’t know if that’s the case for these tho.

The answer back from T-Motor

PWM only

It is very annoying that they are delivered without manuals and that the manuals are nowhere to find.

The yellow wire is for rpm-sensing
The white, red, black is for programming.
White, black is for PWM from autopilot.

I found a video on YouTube mentioning what each cable does. Where do you attach the yellow cable for rpm measurement? I have been using pwm values to gauge the rpm but I don’t think it’s the best way to go about it?!